Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)

153 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I loved the movie.Hilarious, action packed and good lord, the movie looked great. It's one of the best looking movies I've seen in a long time.The movie had a lot more heart than I expected, probably more than most comic book adaptations..I didn't have much of a problem with Ronan because I didn't really need more of him in the movie. The movie was focused squarely on the Guardians and Ronan if anything was a part of the "macguffin" to get things to where they need to be.4.5/5.

• Like 3

Good movie one of the best MCU movies. Star Lord was great and the humor was great. But the story was paper thin and the villain sucked. There some moments that over the top like the whole thing about being in space with no protection. 

3.5/5

• Like 2

Good movie one of the best MCU movies. Star Lord was great and the humor was great. But the story was paper thin and the villain sucked. There some moments that over the top like the whole thing about being in space with no protection. 3.5/5

I think they did have protection though, from what I understood it was like the translators and they had a thin protection that was very temporary. (Like you could see the shield breaking apart)Also that spontaneous combustion in a vacuum probsbly isn't as spontaneous as we think.
  • Like 1

I loved the movie.Hilarious, action packed and good lord, the movie looked great. It's one of the best looking movies I've seen in a long time.The movie had a lot more heart than I expected, probably more than most comic book adaptations..I didn't have much of a problem with Ronan because I didn't really need more of him in the movie. The movie was focused squarely on the Guardians and Ronan if anything was a part of the "macguffin" to get things to where they need to be.4.5/5.

Exactly, save the better villains for the sequel when the team is already set up and developed, this movie was about forming the Guardians not Ronan.
  • Like 1

Good movie one of the best MCU movies. Star Lord was great and the humor was great. But the story was paper thin and the villain sucked. There some moments that over the top like the whole thing about being in space with no protection. 

3.5/5

they are aliens

Too late for that. Anyway, the film was okay. Not as terrible as some people make it out to be. Although, I would say it is pretty forgettable. Kind of surprising that film has a PG rating though.

like who exactly?

• Like 1

I am still debating if this was the best Marvel movie or not. If it isn't, it is, at worst, second.

Obviously I really enjoyed it.  It hit all the right chords for me.  It was funny, but not forced or the sometimes bad Marvel humor, it actually had emotion and attachment for the characters, as well.

Great soundtrack of course, which with all the youngins here, may not be as appreciated as it should be :P

I loved the end credit scene although only me and maybe two other people seem to get it.  But I laughed.

A

The boys are coming for you 75 buddy!!!!  GET READY  WE ARE COMING AUGUST 8th (WINK)

WE'REE REALLY HIP!!

Who are the boyssss??!!

• Like 2

Exposure to the vacuum of space doesn't kill you instantly. You have about 15-30 seconds of consciousness and death within a minute or so. The most unrealistic thing about that scene was how back to normal they looked afterwards.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Ah. I never stayed till the end.

Howard the Duck makes a cameo, it really wasn't worth it in my opinion since I knew it was coming.  The cameo in the end credits scene is only good if you don't know it's coming.  (Hence about 4 different people in my theater exclaiming loudly multiple times WTF Howard the Duck?!)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1