iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time (Tabulating scores, you can still PM me why you included some movies)

Hopefully I can see Lego movie tonight and that will mean I have watched 100 films I can remember. (Well technically 101 but it will be a cold day in hell before simba's pride makes this list even if it's by the default of beingone of the exactly 100 animated films I've watched)

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 2

Hopefully I can see Lego movie tonight and that will mean I have watched 100 films I can remember. (Well technically 101 but it will be a cold day in hell before simba's pride makes this list even if it's by the default of beingone of the exactly 100 animated films I've watched)

There's no shame in liking Simba's Pride. Some of the songs are good, the animation is neat for a direct to DVD Disney movie and I really liked the angle they went with having the shamed villain's son and the celebrated hero's daughter falling for each other. That's something that has never been done anywhere else, right? Adult Simba was also written well in Pride.BTW, edited my list yet again. Cloudy I and Monster House (two movies I forgot all about until now, have been added and Megamind and Brave have exited the list to make place for them. Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone who's taking the effort to watch a bunch of animated films just for this little ol' list  :wub:

I'll make sure to make a good ceremony, is there anything that would make the presentation better? I was thinking of doing position, points, film poster, summary, review blurb. 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who's taking the effort to watch a bunch of animated films just for this little ol' list :wub:I'll make sure to make a good ceremony, is there anything that would make the presentation better? I was thinking of doing position, points, film poster, summary, review blurb.

I liked Films' idea of getting folks to PM you quotes explaining why they liked the movies soo much/what it meant to them + interesting bits of trivia.
  • Like 1

I liked Films' idea of getting folks to PM you quotes explaining why they liked the movies soo much/what it meant to them + interesting bits of trivia.

Oh yes, great idea!

I'll make an edit in the first post too, but if you guys have any personal reasons for including certain movies on your lists, please PM me!

• Like 1

[*]Lion King

[*]Mulan

[*]How To Train Your Dragon

[*]Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa

[*]Finding Nemo

[*]Graveyard of the Fireflies

[*]Digimon: The Movie

[*]Pokemon: The First Movie

[*]Lilo & Stitch

[*]How To Train Your Dragon 2

[*]Frozen

[*]Kung Fu Panda

[*]Kung Fu Panda 2

[*]The Iron Giant

[*]Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

[*]Coraline

[*]Prince of Egypt

[*]Beauty and the Beast

[*]Pocahontas

[*]The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

[*]Wall-E

[*]Pokemon 4Ever

[*]Up

[*]The Incredibles

[*]Princess Mononoke

[*]Pokemon: Mewtwo Returns

[*]The Princess and the Frog

[*]The Land Before Time

[*]Spirited Away

[*]Mulan 2

[*]Aladdin

[*]Toy Story 3

[*]Pokemon Heroes

[*]Animal Farm

[*]Brother Bear

[*]Rango

[*]Ponyo

[*]The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure

[*]Persepolis

[*]Ratatouille

[*]Osmosis Jones

[*]Happy Feet

[*]Tarzan

[*]South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

[*]The Little Mermaid

[*]The Emperor's New Groove

[*]Ice Age

[*]Shrek

[*]Despicable Me

[*]The Lego Movie

[*]Kim Possible: So the Drama

[*]Hey Arnold! The Movie

[*]Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

[*]Pokemon 3

[*]Tangled

[*]The Powerpuff Girls

[*]Shrek 2

[*]Monsters Inc.

[*]The Simpsons Movie

[*]Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

[*]Dinosaur

[*]Rio

[*]The Wild Thornberrys Movie

[*]Despicable Me 2

[*]Over the Hedge

[*]Rise of the Guardians

[*]Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker

[*]Bolt

[*]Brave

[*]Rise of the Guardians

[*]The Polar Express

[*]Ice Age 3

Edited by iceroll

1. Ratatouille
2. How to Train Your Dragon 2
3. Toy Story 3
4. How to Train Your Dragon
5. The Incredibles
6. Finding Nemo
7. Monsters Inc.
8. Arthur Christmas
9. Wall-E
10. Tangled
11. Hunchback of Notre Dame
12. Wreck It Ralph
13. the Croods
14. Legend of the Guardians
15. Cars
16. Toy Story 2
17. Kung Fu Panda
18. Shrek
19. Rise of the Guardians
20. Wallace & Gromit
21. Surf's Up
22. Despicable Me
23. Frozen
24. A Bug's Life
25. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
26. Coraline
27. Up
28. Brave
29. Adventures of Tintin
30. Chicken Run
31. Road to El Dorado
32. Toy Story
33. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
34. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
35. The Lion King
36. Beauty and the Beast
37. Tarzan
38. Treasure Planet
39. Monsters University
40. Shrek 2
41. Over the Hedge
42. Astro Boy
43. Horton Hears a Who
44. Lego Movie
45. Bolt
46. Rango
47. Ice Age
48. The Aristocats
49. Despicable Me 2
50. Happy Feet
51. Kung Fu Panda 2
52. Meet the Robinsons
53. Brother Bear
54. Hercules
55. Winnie the Pooh
56. Robots
57. Anastasia
58. A Land Before Time
59. Watership Down
60. The Emperor's New Groove
61. the Pirates!
62. Fantastic Mr Fox
63. Monster House
64. Pocahontas
65. Polar Express
66. We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story
67. Lady and the Tramp
68. Pinocchio
69. Fox and the Hound
70. Sleeping Beauty
71. Robin Hood
72. Fantasia 2000
73. Fantasia
74. Bambi
75. Rescuers Down Under
76. MegaMind
77. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
78. Antz
79. Shrek the Third
80. Shark Tale
81. Turbo
82. the Jungle Book
83. Open Season
84. Epic
85. Flushed Away
86. Paranorman
87. Madagascar
88. Prince of Egypt
89. Chicken Little
90. Puss in Boots
91. Mr Peabody & Sherman
92. Ant Bully
93. the Tale of Desperaux
94. the Wild
95. Shrek Forever After
96. Monsters Vs Aliens
97. the Lorax
98. Rio
99. 9
100. Cars 2

lol...I need to watch some Disney flicks, all Ghibli except for Ponyo. I pretty much listed almost every animated movie I've ever seen. (except missed out at least half of the Disney flicks because I've seen them all most recent and didn't care for a lot of them) Also great movies like Lego and Mr Fox slipped my mind and because I'm too lazy to add them proper, wherever I remembered them shall be where they are. 
  • Like 1

Have now watched the following in the past 3 days

Cloudy 2 - pretty Fun

Despicable 2 - slightly above average

Lego - Pretty darn entertaining

Pocahontas - pretty great actually, was surprised how good it was

Hunchback of Notre Dame - Really dark and not too bad at all

Mulan - Pretty damn awesome

Turbo - fun but nothing special

Fantastic Mr fox - couldn't watch it, switched off after 15 mins horrbiel animation and voice acting - Only the third film I can think of in my life that I have/will not watch till the end when I have had the time and freedom to do so.

which means I now have 105 films to choose from with Hopefully Rio 2 getting added to that 105 film list in the next couple of hours. 

• Like 1

1 Jungle Book2 Aladdin3 South Park4 Lion King5 Shrek 26 Who Framed Roger Rabbit7 Kung Fu Panda 28 Team America World Police9 Mulan10 The Incredibles11 The Simpsons Movie12 Shrek13 Toy Story 214 Road to Eldorado15 Up16 How to Train Your Dragon17 Hunchback of Notre Dame18 Robin Hood19 Sword in The Stone20 Beauty And the Beast21 Wall E22 Spirited Away23 Despicable Me24 Tangled25 Toy Story26 Pocahontas27 Kung Fu Panda28 The Land Before Time29 The Lego Movie

30 Wreck-it Ralph

31 Monsters Inc

32 Chicken Run33 The Little Mermaid34 101 Dalmations35 Peter Pan36 Frozen37 The BFG

38 Lilo and Stitch39 Space Jam40 Princess Mononoke

41 How to Train your Dragon 242 Alice in Wonderland43 Brave44 Ratatouille45 Puss in Boots46 Toy Story 347 Lady and the Tramp48 The Rescuers Down Under49 An American Tail50 Shrek forever After

51 Mary Poppins52 Bambi53 Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs

54 Emperor's New Groove55 Hercules56 Pinocchio57 Rio 258 Despicable Me 259 American Tail 2 - Feival Goes West60 Tarzan

61 Rio

62 Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs 263 A Bug's Life64 The Prince of Egypt65 Dumbo66 All Dogs Go to Heaven67 Sleeping Beauty68 Madagascar69 Monsters University70 The Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh

71 Treasure Planet

72 Yellow Submarine73 Cinderella74 Turbo75 Cars76 The Fox and the Hound77 Aladdin Return of Jafar78 Watership Down79 Ice Age80 Snow White

81 Rise of the Guardians

82 Secrets of NIMH83 Wallace and Gromit Curse of Were-Rabbit84 Bedknobs and Broomsticks85 Atlantis: The Lost Empire

86 Fantasia87 Pete's Dragon88 The Croods89 Finding Nemo90 Shark Tale

91 Ferngully

92 Antz93 Madagascar 394 Tom and Jerry The Movie95 Ice Age 296 Madagascar 297 The Rescuers98 Aladdin Prince of Theives99 Cars 2100 The land Before Time 2 

Edited by chasmmi
  • Like 1

My list of 50:

1. Princess Mononoke2. The Lion King3. Spirited Away4. Beauty and the Beast5. Toy Story 26. The Secret of NIMH7. The Nightmare Before Christmas8. Toy Story9. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut10. All Dogs Go to Heaven11. The Rescuers12. Finding Nemo13. The Prince of Egypt14. Porco Rosso15. The Brave Little Toaster16. The Iron Giant17. How to Train Your Dragon18. Fantastic Mr. Fox19. The Land Before Time20. Toy Story 321. An American Tail22. The Incredibles23. Aladdin24. Wall-E25. My Neighbor Totoro26. Mulan27. Up28. Monsters Inc.29. Tangled30. Fantasia31. Lilo and Stitch32. Monsters University33. The Fox and the Hound34. The Sword in the Stone35. Anastasia36. Frozen37. 101 Dalmatians38. Howl's Moving Castle39. Rango40. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind41. The Rescuers Down Under42. The LEGO Movie43. Castle in the Sky44. Shrek45. Kung Fu Panda46. American Tail 2 - Fieval Goes West47. Robin Hood48. The Adventures of Tintin49. The Emperor's New Groove50. Ratatouille

• Like 1