Rorschach

CAYOM Comic-Con Year 9

00:23:32: Cillian Murphy, Hugh Jackman (again), Frances McDormand, Emily Blunt, Nicholas Hoult and Anthony Hopkins are here. This is gonna be cool.

00:23:59: The guy at the pedestal (you know, the guy who asks questions?) is asking everybody about their roles in the movie. How juicy.

00:24:30: Cillian Murphy plays the protagonist, a transhumanist and biologist named John Pleasance, who has to transfer his consciousness into a computer. It’ll be interesting to see what he brings to the role.

00:25:58: Hugh Jackman plays Anthony Pierce, a Lutheran priest who finds out about John’s “transferral,” and his eventual partner in developing a new world. The melding of science and religion is an idea that could really go well. #HopefullyBetterThanKansas :P He’s also supposed to be the “everyman,” that really represents the audience.

00:27:00: Frances McDormand is Jackie Lynch, and apparently she’s the films’ antagonist. Apparently she’s a Christian extremist, which may be a bit offensive to that religion, but she says that the character may be a bit more relatable than you’d think.

00:28:34: Emily Blunt plays Florence, John’s wife. That’s...nice to hear.

00:29:21: Nicholas Hoult plays Wesley Snare, John’s best friend and fellow colleague. His character is supposed to be very “passionate” and motivated, and supposedly one of the most dynamic in the film.

00:32:00: A studio executive said there will be a 10-minute break, so I’ll be waiting. Again. -_-

• Like 3

I'm cautiously optimistic about Heaven. You seem to know what you're doing with the film, but I'd hate for it to become Kansas 2.0, and it looks like you're going to try your best not to, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• Like 2

I'm cautiously optimistic about Heaven. You seem to know what you're doing with the film, but I'd hate for it to become Kansas 2.0, and it looks like you're going to try your best not to, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

The concept of John and Anthony banding together is really supposed to show how people from completely different backgrounds can come together and change the world.Also, Jackie definitely won't be a strawman.Anyways...

00:43:25: Looks like they're starting up again. The lights are dimming, which means another video presentation.00:45:01: It's a sequence from Practice. Apparently the actors are in band, performing an original song, called "What?". And it's fucking catchy. Looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the lead role, too.00:47:23: All the actors are being called out. We've got Levitt, Emilia Clarke, Christian Bale and Paul Dano here. Michael B. Jordan and Leighton Meester are also supposed to be in it too, but they couldn't make it in time. Question time!

• Like 3

00:49:07: So this sounds exciting. Every single song in the movie, which is about the rise and fall of a rock band, is completely original.00:50:50: The movie's getting a limited release in NY and LA on August 30th. Looks like I have to drive 4 hours to see it. :(00:52:44: Jim Rash and Nat Fixon dropped in, and showed a sequence of the film with the meeting between Levitt's character, Ethan Wright, and Christian Bale's character, record executive Patrick Hubert. Hilarious.00:54:27: Seems like this'll be one of the shorter presentations today. Practice looks really good, hopefully as good as Cinema Studies.

:)

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

Loving your comic-con so far Alpha. It's amazingWas mine good? (Question to everyone) and is the draft of the start of everlasting love good? Please be honest

Yours was pretty cool. Everlasting Love was OK, but nothing amazing. I'll really form my full opinion when I see the while thing.
  • Like 2

Well, I'll say it wasn't that bad either Films. Although, do go back and revise your works so they have less grammatical errors please. Not trying to be a grammar nazi or anything but it's definitely a major flaw in most of your films and messages in general. Hope that helped you. :)

• Like 1

00:57:00: Super Mario Bros. is next. This'll be exciting.00:58:54: It began with a bang. The animated sequences look amazing. Holy shit. :o01:02:02: Here comes the cast! Rich Moore is here, along with Paul Giamatti, Steve Carell, Billy Bob Thornton, Drew Barrymore, John C. Reilly and Kristen Bell.

• Like 4

01:03:11: Paul Giamatti and Steve Carell are Mario and Luigi.

01:04:25: And Billy Bob Thornton is Bowser. Yep, this is really cool.

01:06:08: Drew Barrymore and Kristen Bell play Peach and Daisy. And supposedly Daisy’s kinda neurotic. Seems kinda fitting of Bell. :lol:

• Like 4

01:08:47: Looks like there will lots of promotional tie-ins to Super Mario Bros. This'll be a biggie at the box office.01:10:59: This concept art looks great. Can't wait.01:13:13: So it's a blend of action, comedy, romance, and drama? Some of this I don't know how to feel about, but I'm pretty sure it'll fit into into the story well,01:15:28: If possible, we'll get a Super Mario Bros. 2 in Year 12 or 13, if the first is successful. Which of course, it will.

• Like 3

01:16:08: Positive reactions from the crowd so far. Can't wait to see it!

01:17:34: The studio's now gonna take some time and announce some smaller stuff for the next few years.

01:19:01: Huh, so :( is coming out. Apparently Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is directing, as David Fincher decided to go after making the Death Note movies. Also, Phillip Seymour Hoffman's role is being replaced by Clive Owen. The release date is supposed to be around April of Year 10.

01:21:38: BIG SURPRISE! Mortal Kombat film coming next summer! Unfortunately they don't have any real footage to show, but expect it to make a big appearance at Comic-Con next year!

• Like 3

01:23:35: 4Chan 3 might not see the light of day. :( Kevin Willmott wants to start working on some more serious documentaries, and he's supposedly doing one on the online gaming culture, to be released in late Year 10.

01:25:01: A Homestuck adaptation might come soon, but really it's not in the full development stages yet. They showed some concept art for it, but they don't have an approximate release date yet.

01:26:19: Sonic the Hedgehog should be up soon, around 7:30-ish.

• Like 3

01:29:13: Fuck! Apparently, I've heard from a Alpha Pictures representative that Dimensions won't appear on their panel this year. God dammit!  :angry:

01:31:02: We might see the first couple minutes of Sonic the Hedgehog, but apparently there's some technical problems going on. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. This has been a painful couple minutes for me.  <_<

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 3

01:35:08: Everything's been fixed now. Looks like we should start soon.

01:37:04: The lights have dimmed. Here we go!  :popcorn:

We fade into a long desert. On the screen, the words NORTH AMERICA, 2756 appear. It appears pretty desolate, until of course, we hear a zoom across the desert. Then, we see the brush of spiky blue hair, and red buckled boots fly across the desert at supersonic speed. We focus on the runner's face, and we see valiant blue eyes, a little round nose, and a wide smirk.

"My name's Sonic. I'm kinda fast."

We see Sonic running in circles.

"You know, speed's a pretty arbitrary thing."

We see Sonic jumping, curling into a ball, and flying off a mountain.

"My teacher used to say I was too fast. But honestly, this is my walking pace. Or at least close to it."

We hear Sonic yell "Yahooo!" running on the desert, and he creates a sonic boom. We cut to black.

We finally cut to an electronic renidition of "Sonic Boom," and afterwards we catch a few glimpses of footage from the film, before the main title reveal.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

IN THEATERS AND IMAX 3D JUNE 26

• Like 3

01:41:29: Loved the preview! Hopefully the presentation starts soon.

01:44:00: I'm waiting.

01:45:43: Holy fucking shit. Apparently, some hackers started playing this non-stop over the screen.

Welp, looks like we're in for another break.  :angry:

• Like 2