Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

From the Deadline article comments section:

Joe C. says:

Guardian’s of the Galaxy is not a staple of the Marvel Franchise. People watch the Marvel brand for what they know: Captian America, Thor, The Avengers. Guardians of the galaxy is being shoved down people’s throats with a colossal marketing push but will only yield tepid results. It will do 35.5 million tops.

• Like 6

baumer will watch it, admit that he was wrong about it's BO performance and will admit to liking it if he does. You really couldn't be more wrong.

Exactly. B can be crazy bonkers sometimes. But he's fair and honest in his opinions.
  • Like 6

Well, Iron Man's midnights were about 1.5% of its total OW, but that was before midnights really took off. Iron Man 2s were about 5.9%. Avengers was 9%, as were Iron Man 3's. Thor 2 was 8.3% vs 5% for Thor 1. Cap 1 was 6% and Cap 2 hit 10.7%.

I posted that in the buzz & tracking thread, if folks want to get an idea of what Marvel movies have been doing in relation to their previews.

• Like 3

From the Deadline article comments section:

Joe C. says:

Guardian’s of the Galaxy is not a staple of the Marvel Franchise. People watch the Marvel brand for what they know: Captian America, Thor, The Avengers. Guardians of the galaxy is being shoved down people’s throats with a colossal marketing push but will only yield tepid results. It will do 35.5 million tops.

lol wut? This comment has so much fail. 

• Like 2

I posted that in the buzz & tracking thread, if folks want to get an idea of what Marvel movies have been doing in relation to their previews.

So even of it follows Cap2, it'll still get to 100M.
  • Like 3

I know the word of mouth is insane...but someone slap some sense into me..is there any chance the previews are REALLY front loaded and the numbers from the preview don't translate to a over 80 million opening weekend?

• Like 1