Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Soooo  I guess you liked it Forum Game Master?

My favorite Marvel movie. Blew me away. No this is not post-theater high, they did literally everything right for me. This time last hear, I barely knew the Guardians even existed, now theyre one of my favorite teams.
  • Like 1

My favorite Marvel movie. Blew me away. No this is not post-theater high, they did literally everything right for me. This time last hear, I barely knew the Guardians even existed, now theyre one of my favorite teams.

You going to see Turtles next week Jandrew? :)?

I mean 96m is above all expectations for this, just a bit disappointing given those previews

I think its just the result of these early previews with massive showings. Someone brought up earlier in the year that it deflates the Friday business.

This has happened with every blockbuster this year except for Maybe ASM2. But after Thursday previews they all at one point were thought to be headed for 100m plus weekends and they all fell short.

• Like 1

I'm not using "original" or "not original" in any derogatory way. GOTG is based on a long-running series from Marvel. It's not original. Which is fine, it has no bearing on the quality of the movie. But it's not original.

Marvel created this series in 2008. It is not long running. They had another GotG series, but that was different. This is practically a new series as far as comics are concerned.

• Like 1

Judging from the Summer, just assume shit holds through out this weekend.

I don't think so. I think Friday business suffered from the Thursday previews. Saturday should be pretty robust.