Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

My favorite Marvel movie. Blew me away. No this is not post-theater high, they did literally everything right for me. This time last hear, I barely knew the Guardians even existed, now theyre one of my favorite teams.

I can see that by you avatar change.  

And I would like this post except for that damned quota :lol:

Well, Marvel, welcome to the frontloaded club (by product of aging a big fan base)But still, awesome, impressive numbers. Go Guardians.

Not just Marvel. This has happened to all of the blockbusters with Friday previews.

Most likely if the 11.2m previews deflated the Friday then Saturday will increase from Friday without previews.

I'm trying to find an example to compare but nothing really comes to mind when we start talking increasing without previews(July/August).

I can see that by you avatar change. And I would like this post except for that damned quota :lol:

Yeah I reached the quota too, I dont like it. But whoop whoop its the sound of tha police, so Im about to post my thoughts in the GOTG thread. As for the numbers, sucks to see it go down, this thing deserves a gazillion dollars, but considering the average predicts from us, analysts, everyone was like $60M's, and considering the movie is "original" and stars a tree and raccoon set in space, which is outlandish when you think about, $90M's is perfect.

Marvel created this series in 2008. It is not long running. They had another GotG series, but that was different. This is practically a new series as far as comics are concerned.

That's like saying STAR TREK is totally new because it's different from the original series. Again, I'm not making any claims or statements about the quality of the movie.

• Like 1

Yeah I reached the quota too, I dont like it. But whoop whoop its the sound of tha police, so Im about to post my thoughts in the GOTG thread.As for the numbers, sucks to see it go down, this thing deserves a gazillion dollars, but considering the average predicts from us, analysts, everyone was like $60M's, and considering the movie is "original" and stars a tree and raccoon set in space, which is outlandish when you think about, $90M's is perfect.

My prediction was $100M.

Saturday should increase (minus previews). More like 36m28-29m22-23m

What's the indication of an increase on Saturday? I can agree to 26M or so, but increasing 4M to 29M?

No way? Explain.36M total25M(staying flat minus previews)19M (-23%, decent Sunday hold)

That would be twice as large as the biggest saturday decrease experienced by a MCU film. Is that good enough reason for you? The average decrease is about 8-10% yet your prediction is 31%

Edited by eXtacy

I'm trying to find an example to compare but nothing really comes to mind when we start talking increasing without previews(July/August).

Well 2013 would be the only year that would have been affected. So you won't find an example. Previews weren't a thing for Blockbusters before then.