CaptainJackSparrow

Clifford the Big Red Dog | Paramount | November 10, 2021 | Theaters and Paramount+ Same Day

15 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

It's apparently rated PG. The MPAA is officially dead to me.

(grumpy old man voice) Back in my day, PG actually meant Parental Guidance. 

That’s no surprise. The Paddington movies are also PG. Hell, even that My Little Pony movie that came out a few years ago is PG. The G rating is pretty much taboo nowadays. Studios don’t want their movies to be rated G, out of fear that audiences will dismiss the movies as being “too kiddie.” I’m pretty sure the Shrek movies played a hand in killing the G rating. 

I think a good solution to that would be to create another new rating for movies that are aimed specifically at young children, as opposed to truly "general" audiences. The ESRB, which rates video games, has such a rating-- EC, for Early Childhood, which is distinct from the E for Everyone rating. We need something like that for movies. 

1 hour ago, El Squibbonator said:

I think a good solution to that would be to create another new rating for movies that are aimed specifically at young children, as opposed to truly "general" audiences. The ESRB, which rates video games, has such a rating-- EC, for Early Childhood, which is distinct from the E for Everyone rating. We need something like that for movies. 

The EC rating that almost never gets used?

Regardless, there needs to be a rating like that for movies, so that G can be reserved for things actually aimed at General Audiences. That way PG can mean Parental Guidance again, and the whole rest of the rating system can go back to its original meanings too. 

Edited by El Squibbonator

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Look at Paramount's movie slate, it's the closest thing they have to an Oscar contender this year lol.

You know I've been advocating for years that Kenan Thompson finally gets some industry recognition...

29 minutes ago, Eric E Coyote said:

How is this even real? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Kids movies do premiere at TIFF from time to time, especially ones right about to open (Abominable premiered there two years ago). Universal also unveiled Sing at the festival several months before release.

Deadline hears that the movie is finished, but the studio’s move is reminiscent of what happened with another Paramount feature based on a popular kids IP, Sonic the Hedgehog. When that CGI/live-action pic’s first trailer hit the web in April 2019, it drew instant blowback over the title character’s human-looking teeth. A week later, director Jeff Fowler responded to the concerns via Twitter, saying a redesign was “going to happen.” Less than three weeks later, Paramount said the dental redo would delay the film from its planned November 8 release to February 14, 2020.

I really hope they're not going back to the drawing board to ... what? Make Clifford redder?  Maybe they thought it was too close to Addams Family 2 and Hotel Transylvania 4.

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I really hope they're not going back to the drawing board to ... what? Make Clifford redder?  Maybe they thought it was too close to Addams Family 2 and Hotel Transylvania 4.

Maybe they remembered they are Paramount and they suck @CJohn

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Paramount+ it is. . .

Normally I would think so too, but they also pulled it from the TIFF lineup. If it was ready to go and still set to release on streaming, not sure why they would've put a stop to the TIFF premiere.