Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

You're essentially drawing a false conclusion: yes, on an abstract technical level you are correct. However, none of that really has much similarity to the movie we're actually talking about. For a wide release, GRAVITY is getting the sort of reviews few movies get a year (even art-house and Oscar contenders). 

The reason why? Even if you take it as just a functional, technically proficient movie, it's thrilling and entertaining. Even those who quibble with some aspects agree with that. It's not merely critics either -- just search on Twitter. The GA is eating it up like candy.

Hell yeah they are! And theres alot less negative tweets there were a few weeks ago. "Gravity looks boring as hell" has been replaced with "Gravity looks scary as hell". Some people have even instagramed the poster and have referred to the reviews on imdb and RT. These arent bloggers and journals, they're mainly young adults. I think the props all go to WB's marketing. People were calling it boring before because the ads all focused on being alone, but they've ramped up the action exposure and people are in awe. YA's love action.

Edited by Twerkdrew

Grace Randolph hates the movie, does she like anything non-Marvel? She also takes a comment not even in the movie and goes off on a feminism tangent.

http://youtu.be/81W8bPvuuyE

I really don't consider Grace a legit reviewer. I'm not going to watch the video because she always says spoilers in her reviews but she gave a negative review to Star Trek and Gravity but she gave positive reviews to Percy Jackson and The Smurfs 2. Enough said. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

"The GA is eating it up like candy."

We dont know that yet

"Firedeep is always hating movies that we love."

so untrue. which movies exactly I hate while you all love ? do I hate Gravity ? It's just I am not as impressed as some of you are by the reviews Gravity has been receiving, which is not hate. 

"Yeah, and its kinda pathetic."

I love the movies I love and I hate the ones I hate. Who the fuck care about what other bodies think.

first: most of them don't have more than 40 reviews

second: none of them are blockbusters

third: 90% don't have a average rating higher than 8.5

Let's just take 2012 for example:

there are 33 movies on RT that have ratings over 95%. 

1. Only 7 has reviews less than 40. So your first statement is not true.

2. out of them, there are a least two major releases: Argo and MI. So your second statement is not true.

3. but there are still several movies that have average ratings over 8.5

More, Gravity average rating will drop with reviews coming in. And there are no guarantee its RT score wont drop to 93% range, where 20 more movies from 2012 are waiting to be compared.

thanks.

Let's just take 2012 for example:

there are 33 movies on RT that have ratings over 95%. 

1. Only 7 has reviews less than 40. So your first statement is not true.

2. out of them, there are a least two major releases: Argo and MI. So your second statement is not true.

3. but there are still several movies that have average ratings over 8.5

More, Gravity average rating will drop with reviews coming in. And there are no guarantee its RT score wont drop to 93% range, where 20 more movies from 2012 are waiting to be compared.

thanks.

You means the re-release of Monsters Inc? :rofl:

Despite not quite sticking the landing, FIGHT CLUB is still pretty amazing... and was the perfect voice for my generation of guys in their mid-20s/early-30s at the turn of the century. I'm still astonished a major corporation funded such a gleefully anti-corporate subversive movie.

Speaking of filmmakers (and getting back on topic), a few geek fave directors have tweeted their reactions to GRAVITY:

@edgarwright

'Gravity'. Best movie of the year. See it at the biggest screen you can find. Pure cinema.

10/1/13 11:48 PM

@MarcW

@chrismcquarrie Maybe we should just calll it a day and open a Starbucks? #Gravity

10/2/13 8:40 AM

@rianjohnson

The filmmaking in Gravity is next level. I had no idea what 80% of the jobs in the end credits were, it made me feel like a kid.

10/2/13 12:14 AM

And this is coming from the man who directed Ozymandias.

• Like 1