Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Warner Bros. Pictures’ Award-Winning Drama “Gravity” Returning to Wide Release on January 17

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140113006728/en/Warner-Bros.-Pictures%E2%80%99-Award-Winning-Drama-%E2%80%9CGravity%E2%80%9D-Returning#.UtSbe_TMSSp

Haha, called this one in October. :P  All I really care about though is if it's coming back to IMAX?

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I think WB were expecting a Best Picture win at the Golden Globes. That would have helped the box office take of the re-release. It will still do well, but won't be a big factor this weekend because of the loss to 12YAS.

I think their targeting the oscar nominations announcement. 

• Like 3

Hmm... I could see Ride Along, Devil's Due and Jack Ryan all getting 18-23 million 4 day if Gravity gets 12-14 for the 4 day... I'd love to see Gravity top 300 million but I know that's a long shot 

Historically (Argo, Lincoln) expansions don't result in stratospheric PTA which is what would need to happen for a $12-14m weekend from only 900 theaters.  I think both Gravity and Phillips will do the same amount of business they had when they were around 900 theaters before.  We shall soon see!

• Like 2

I notice with the theaters that got Gravity or Captain Phillips this weekend they are only giving Gravity 2 showings while only giving Captain Phillips only 1 showing. I think this might of been better next week when there isn't 4 new films entering the marketplace. 

Same I've check in my theater and Gravity has 2 and none for Captain.  Still going to watch Shadow.