Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I hope this is not boring. That's all. The trailer didn't do anything for me, and I just can't see Bullock or Clooney as astronauts or scientists of any kind, but I do like them, and I hope this movie delivers.

• Like 1

Scant few times have I ever had as strong of a reaction to a movie as when I first saw The Departed and

Billy gets his brains blown out when the elevator door opens. I was so shocked and then furiously angry I could barely stay in my seat. I wanted to jump in the screen, take the gun from Sullivan, and shoot him in the head.

:P That damn part still riles me up every time.

Edited by IronMan89
  • Like 2

Scant few times have I ever had as strong of a reaction to a movie as when I first saw The Departed and

Billy gets his brains blown out when the elevator door opens. I was so shocked and then furiously angry I could barely stay in my seat. I wanted to jump in the screen, take the gun from Sullivan, and shoot him in the head.

I was way more pissed in terms of Anthony Anderson's character. Why him?!*

*I think it's fair to say that 6.5 years is past the statute of limitations, right?

Edited by MrPink Unchained

Awesome trailer. I think this will breakout. Looks like Bullock will be repeating her awesome 2009 box office year. Big comedy hit in the summer (The Proposal/The Heat) and big drama hit in the fall (Blind Side/Gravity).

But Gravity is not a heartwarming, crowd-pleasing, white-guilt-encased dramedy about race relations and the saving of a po' black child by a rich white lady.

Yep I felt the same way

I wish I could slum like that and make a masterpiece.

That would be Gangs of New York. ;) Excluding the magnificence that is DDL of course.

Well, I'm trolling slightly... slumming is more SHUTTER ISLAND (and CAPE FEAR). I dunno, I still don't agree about the "masterpiece" stuff, though.... it's like calling Fincher's DRAGON TATTOO a masterpiece: both directors have trod those tracks, many times, and in greater depth.

Edited by Telemachos

Who would've thought that the career of the one-time "next Julia Roberts" would eventually eclipse that of the actual Julia Roberts? If both this and The Heat become hits, it will continue Bullock's impressive career second act, which is really impressive because she's at that age in which actresses tend to be discarded for the latest younger bimbo by the Hollywood powers that be.

I've always been a fan of refinement over innovation. Just because Departed wasn't treading new ground for Scorsese, I think he perfected it. Yeah he'd done the mafia movie many times before, but never as effectively for me. If something was better than something before it I couldn't care less about what came first or "paved the way." It's still better.

Edited by IronMan89

I've always been a fan of refinement over innovation. Just because Departed wasn't treading new ground for Scorsese, I think he perfected it. Yeah he'd done the mafia movie many time before, but never as effectively for me. If something was better than something before it I couldn't care less about what came first or "paved the way." It's still better.

I don't mind the repeat, I just didn't think it was particularly revelatory, especially compared to his other stuff. Slick and well-made? Sure.