Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

So Gravity will flop and Catching Fire will cross $500m

That would suck so much. If that happened it'll just reinforce Hollywood to make less risky intelligent sci-fi, and more adaptions of YA novels. Not that there's anything wrong with The Hunger Games, I'd just rather see an ORIGINAL RISKY project be successful instead of another super safe sequel or superhero film.

It deserves very little, considering all of the two-bit blogs and no-name sites that are included in RT's scores. RT would be a lot more credible if it would separate the wheat from the critical chaff and dump all reviewers who aren't published on major sites. 

(Not sending forth its chief editor to howl like stuck pig when one of WB's turkeys like POS MOS gets skewered by critics would be another step towards credibility for the site.)

Well, first of you haven't seen Gravity. Unless you went to the Venice film festival that is. Secondly, this film looks like the most ambitious film of the fall, with many people saying it's similar to Kubrik's 2001. If that doesn't get you hyped for a film, I don't know what will. I mean, it's nice to see an original and risky self contained big budget film, coming off a summer filled with disappointments and super-heroes to the point of fatigue. I don't know about you, but I'd see Gravity over every sequel this fall including Thor TDW, The Hobbit DOS and Catching Fire.

• Like 1

That would suck so much. If that happened it'll just reinforce Hollywood to make less risky intelligent sci-fi, and more adaptions of YA novels. Not that there's anything wrong with The Hunger Games, I'd just rather see an ORIGINAL RISKY project be successful instead of another super safe sequel or superhero film.

Studios need safe bets like THG so they can afford risky original projects from time to time. But yes, for the sake of original sci-fis, Gravity must shine. None of those in 2011 and 2012 made 150m DOM. I hope Gravity makes it.

Edited by vc2002

GRAVITY IS NOT SCI FI

GRAVITY IS NOT SCI FI

GRAVITY IS NOT SCI FI

GRAVITY IS NOT SCI FI

It could be worse; Warner Brothers could have sold the film as an action picture.

Oh wait… 

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

If Gravity is Scifi, Apollo 13 and Space Cowboys were scifi too.

Sci-Fi in its nature is pure speculative fiction. Apollo 13 is historical fiction, the science elements take backseat to the retelling of a past event via the perspectives of real-life persons.