Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

I figured any sound would be through their helmets/suits so that sounds great, and cool that theyre staying scientifically accurate. Very intrigued, comes out a day before my birthday so im excited. Thanks T.

The great thing about them staying scientifically accurate is not only that they do it, but that they find ways to make some extremely exciting and tense scenes happen *because* they're scientifically accurate.

Seriously, about 30 seconds into the movie, your brain gives up and goes "fuck it, they just shot in space".

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

The great thing about them staying scientifically accurate is not only that they do it, but that they find ways to make some extremely exciting and tense scenes happen *because* they're scientifically accurate. Seriously, about 30 seconds into the movie, your brain gives up and goes "fuck it, they just shot in space".

Do you think Clooney/Bullock are miscast or Angelina Jolie and Robert Downey Jr would've been better?

The great thing about them staying scientifically accurate is not only that they do it, but that they find ways to make some extremely exciting and tense scenes happen *because* they're scientifically accurate.

Seriously, about 30 seconds into the movie, your brain gives up and goes "fuck it, they just shot in space".

Yeah I can imagine it now. It's gonna be a treat!

That's a bit hyperbolic. It has a mild stumble or two in terms of drama and/or character, very much rooted in classic Hollywood melodrama. However, as spectacle, it has no equal in recent memory. Don't expect any subtle, revealing character study, I guess. It's not science-fiction-as-metaphor, it's an action/thriller. :)

B)

That's what I've been saying all along, folks. And I was right. Thanks Tele for the confirmation.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

I've come to the conclusion that sci-fi or not is really up to yourself. Based on the trailers, I'd say Gravity is hard sci-fi (I might change my mind when I see the film, but I dont think that's gonna happen), and if most of the movie sites say it's sci-fi, well it means it's most likely the majority's thought as well. But that doesnt mean those who think otherwise should change their mind. There's no right or wrong in this. Like I said, it's up to your own definition.

But of cause, whether it fits in my catalog of sci-fi has nothing to do with how I'm gonna view the film. and I'm sure that's the also case with most of us here.

Edited by vc2002

Actually, I would say it is sci-fi... There are a couple of subtle hints it takes place in the near future, not the present (without getting into spoilers, equipment/machinery is depicted that hasn't been finished yet).

Did you just slap dashrendar44 in the face? :P

I don't know man. There are a couple of subtle hints in Tele's post that he did slap dash in the face.

Dash didn't see the film, he cannot know the film deals with more advanced technolgy than what we have now.

Edited by The Futurist