Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Dash didn't see the film, he cannot know the film deals with more advanced technolgy that what we have now.

I wouldn't say it deals with more advanced technology, no, just that the film probably takes place around 2020 or so. 

So, what's the 3D like? Compared to, say, Hugo and Life of Pi?

The 3D is fantastic. I think some people with vertigo might flip out during a couple scenes.
  • Like 1

So, what's the 3D like? Compared to, say, Hugo and Life of Pi?

So far 3D received only praise from the critics.

It's necessary to mention that Gravity wasn't shot in 3D. It was converted because according to Guillermo, Cuaron was told by Cameron that 3D cameras aren't advanced enough to do this movie and conversion is the way to go. Although, for heavy-CG films like this it isn't really converted because CG is all rendered in 3D, and only those live action elements are converted.

Edited by vc2002

I never check Gofobo. I go to advancescreenings.com or this group http://www.txtmovieclub.com/group/californiaextrapasses where people post RSVP codes and latest screenings.

I was advance screening.com but it was not working last night. I try this new group. Thank you

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

So far 3D received only praise from the critics.

It's necessary to mention that Gravity wasn't shot in 3D. It was converted because according to Guillermo, Cuaron was told by Cameron that 3D cameras aren't advanced enough to do this movie and conversion is the way to go. Although, for heavy-CG films like this it isn't really converted because CG is all rendered in 3D, and only those live action elements are converted.

Didn't know this.

So far 3D received only praise from the critics. It's necessary to mention that Gravity wasn't shot in 3D. It was converted because according to Guillermo, Cuaron was told by Cameron that 3D cameras aren't advanced enough to do this movie and conversion is the way to go. Although, for heavy-CG films like this it isn't really converted because CG is all rendered in 3D, and only those live action elements are converted.

It's practically all CG. The really long post process also gave them plenty of time to do the conversion -- literally years.

Yet you guys still insist it is not sci-fi.

Industry sites know more shit than you do.

Tele said the science in Gravity has no bearing on any level as a metaphor like most scifi movies make to draw some commentary on human condition and how science influences mankind. It's a claustrophobic survival thriller at the core. You want it to be hard scifi because it is set in actual space. All righty then, call it hard scifi.

I also got the right to consider it an action thriller set on an actual shuttle/station because people in the present day are living and working on a space shuttle/station. Cuaron and his team wanted the science to be the most accurate and as hyper-realistic it could be to depict our present day science.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1