Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

14 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm surprised Djawadi didn't get more high profile work over the last half decade. 

He did a lot of big films in the 2000 and 2010's. I'm assuming he has a good working deal with HBO though, and just does films from time to time. I think he's improved quite a bit as a composer. His music for the last season of GOT was very much "on point'. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

He did a lot of big films in the 2000 and 2010's. I'm assuming he has a good working deal with HBO though, and just does films from time to time. I think he's improved quite a bit as a composer. His music for the last season of GOT was very much "on point'. 

S6's Light of the Seven gives me chills. I can only hope there is a similar theme in this movie that compliments such a suspenseful, thrill building sequence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

S6's Light of the Seven gives me chills. I can only hope there is a similar theme in this movie that compliments such a suspenseful, thrill building sequence.

That was some good "atmosphere melodic" stuff. I hope since it's a Disney production, there's some really good orchestral stuff in here. I expect a mix of wonderment and a sense of danger at least.

• Like 1

Ava DuVernay Unsure How 'Wrinkle in Time' Will Be Received

During the conversation, DuVernay also previewed her upcoming adaption of A Wrinkle in Time. The director admitted, “I don't know how it's going to be received.” DuVernay finds the concept of the film, based on the 1963 Madeleine L'Engle novel of the same name, very important for viewers to see. “It is about a girl saving the world, and that girl is a girl of color,” she said.

“She's like saving the world. She's saving the world from darkness," said DuVernay of the main character Meg Murry, played by Storm Reid.  And in the film, darkness is defined as the darkness within us. She’s saving us from ourselves.”

A Wrinkle in Time is the first film DuVernay said she is truly hesitant to release out into the world. “With 13th, I was, ‘You know what. I don’t care. This is what I want to put out. If people get it, they get it. If they don’t, I’m onto the next,’” she said. “With Selma, I was like, ‘You know what, I’m nervous. It’s my first thing that kind of has a faux pas, but I know that I believe in this. I know that this is a record, and it needs to be there. Some other people are going to get this.’ This, I don’t know.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ava-duvernay-unsure-how-wrinkle-time-will-be-received-new-yorker-festival-2017-1046858

I don't know if it's nerves with this being a big tentpole or a lack of confidence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MuffinMan said:

Ava DuVernay Unsure How 'Wrinkle in Time' Will Be Received

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ava-duvernay-unsure-how-wrinkle-time-will-be-received-new-yorker-festival-2017-1046858

I don't know if it's nerves with this being a big tentpole or a lack of confidence.

Ava DuVernay's mother!

• Like 1

I know nothing about the book and finally saw the trailer when I saw Murder on the Orient Express and it wasn't all that great.  The crowd wasn't into it, but again, probably not the crowd they were going for.  This could be good, but i may have to research some more of the story to find out

• Like 1