Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Seriously?  This is a movie?  

I'm here for it.  I know nothing of the people involved in the production.

Jennifer Lee co-directed FROZEN, wrote it and WRECK-IT RALPH, and contributed to the story of ZOOTOPIA.

Ava DuVernay directed SELMA.

I trust you know Oprah? :lol: 

• Like 2

Is this going to be live action? and is Disney doing it? I've actually seen the TV movie, I didn't love it- but it was a TV movie, with a bigger budget it could be pretty cool though.

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

Is this going to be live action? and is Disney doing it? I've actually seen the TV movie, I didn't love it- but it was a TV movie, with a bigger budget it could be pretty cool though.

Yes. And yes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kalo said:

The book was pretty good.  I read it a while ago (in middle school), but it could be a good movie.

and yes, @Tele Loves Bay & Twilight , I know who Oprah is.  I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/storm-reid-nabs-starring-role-926786

13 year old actress Storm Reid has been cast in the lead role.

We need to pair her and Finn Wolfhard together in something. The sheer badassery of their names will guarantee BO success.

• Like 2

On February 23, 2016 at 0:44 PM, tribefan695 said:

It's sort of a cross between a children's sci-fi/fantasy, religious allegory, and class lecture in theoretical physics

The thing about TWiT is that it's all this, but is infused with heart.  At its core it's really about a Coming of Age story and the relationship between a young woman, her father, and her younger brother.  Throw in teenage feelings of attatchment and the first real stirrings of love (not lust, love) and it's not at all hard to see why this book (and its sequels) has been beloved for generations.  In fact, I would say that say that the book is about love, and what happens to people when love is stripped away.  Love of family, love of others, and, yes, love of oneself.

It also depicts one of the nastier versions of Evil ever put to print, children's book or not.  How IT is going to be put to screen and the society IT produced could make or break this film.  Well that and they absolutely have to nail Meg Wallace. Meg Wallace is a fairly nuanced character which could go wrong if not handled right.

So, intrigued. 

PS:  Do agree that Oprah as Mrs. Which is inspired.  

• Like 5