Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

6 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I'm really worried about this tbh. I hope it's a hit for Ava but Idk do kids still read this book? 

I wouldn't assume it's one of those movies where you have to read it to understand it

I could be wrong though. Plus, they can just revamp it so it's more "understandable" 

Hard to know how successful this is going to be. IMO if this is marketed correctly and is as good as the talent behind it suggests, $200m+ isn't a stretch at all. Could also do Pete's Dragon numbers. Depends on reviews / the GA's familiarity with the source material...

This seems quick, but I believe in Ava. Really hope Disney puts more advertising power behind this than they did Katwe. Probably on a Pete's Dragon level which I still don't recall as standing out.

I should read the book before this comes out.

15 minutes ago, Morieris said:

This seems quick, but I believe in Ava. Really hope Disney puts more advertising power behind this than they did Katwe. Probably on a Pete's Dragon level which I still don't recall as standing out.

The budget is over 100 million so Disney better put it's marketing power behind this film. Even Pete Dragon only had a 65 million dollar budget. I don't really understand why the budget is so high but I'm guessing it's like some big fantasy epic or something? SMH I just hope it does well for Ava but also because they are making a big deal about this being the first black women director to have a big budget film and it would suck if it flopped. 

I read the book when I was a kid but I don't really remember it that well. I might re read it soon. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Started filming in November. Seems like enough time to me. 

Wonder if we'll be getting a trailer soon.

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Started filming in November. Seems like enough time to me. 

Wonder if we'll be getting a trailer soon.

It's getting released April 2018, so I think the earliest trailer  we'll get is probably this November with Coco.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 4:02 PM, ban1o said:

I'm really worried about this tbh. I hope it's a hit for Ava but Idk do kids still read this book? 

I'm pretty sure they do. It's one of those perennial books.

It's sold about 14 million copies since it was published in '62. That's slightly more than Old Man and the Sea and slightly less than The Grapes of Wrath. It's about the same as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

• Like 1