Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

Visually it looks like it should be a treat, and the book is a classic of course, so I hope the film is faithful enough. It seems a bit "out there" to be blockbuster, but it has promise. 

Wasn't a fan of the Del Rey Sweet Dreams cover though, that kinda sucked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Gugu's lack off overall presence in the promotional material annoys me not gonna lie. Like she's not even mentioned in the credits? The trailer looks great though 

Haven't read the book (yet) but I thought the focus was on the father-daughter relationship? And with the three kids on the quest? Not sure how big a role Gugu has in the actual movie.

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It has a wonderful cast and I think DuVernay is an excellent choice to make it. Perhaps it will be wonderful. My first impression is that it feels too... "sparkly" and Disneynified. 

To be fair, it just a trailer. Maybe there's more to it then meets the eye.

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Haven't read the book (yet) but I thought the focus was on the father-daughter relationship? And with the three kids on the quest? Not sure how big a role Gugu has in the actual movie.

It's been years since I read the book, but the focus is definitely on the children. Kate Murray is introduced in the first chapter, but she periodically pops in and out of the novel, so her role isn't as large. Mind you they may have changed things for this film.

• Like 1

If it isn't good, it'll do Tomorrowland numbers. I can't see the trailers alone building huge hype among the general public. That being said, I think it looks really interesting.

If it's good-to-great, I think it'll do Troy Legacy numbers domestically. Won't predict higher than that for now though.

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Kid adventure movies are tough to crack as Brad Bird can attest. I really wish this interesting looking film good luck. .

I remember reading this book growing up, although can't remember much ..but am interested to see the live action result for sure.

• Like 1