eXtacy

Wednesday Numbers: GOTG 8.8 (-26%), Lucy 1.9, Herc 1.16

You can differentiate because when a Turtles movie was announced, no one said Posted Image

True but Marvel fanbase is big enough now to really bolster previews and it doesn't matter which property it really is. 

• Like 1

True but Marvel fanbase is big enough now to really bolster previews and it doesn't matter which property it really is. 

Which doesn't really have anything to do with the comment I made that you quoted and then took out of context :/.

• Like 1

Not saying it can't happen but Apes had 3 openers to deal with not 4 (unless you want to count The Help opening on Weds) and none of them were going to be big openers. Final Destination 5 was maybe it's biggest competition. Turtles is on pace right now to open to about 45-50 mill and it is direct competition for GOTG so expecting an 87% increase, imo, is unrealistic.

Yes... Turtles will affect Guardians more, but only slightly more. The reviews are not good, so I don't think it is going to open over 40m. That's why I am saying a jump around 75%, which would give it a decent chance to manage sub-50% drop.

Yes... Turtles will affect Guardians more, but only slightly more. The reviews are not good, so I don't think it is going to open over 40m. That's why I am saying a jump around 75%, which would give it a decent chance to manage sub-50% drop.

Reviews don't matter much for a movie like this, at least not on OW. WOM is where it's at, and we don't know yet if that will be bad.

In all fairness, that Gunday imdb rating seems to be concerted troll effort from across the border. The movie was bad, but not nearly as bad as this rating suggests.

I think its not that bad a film as the score suggests but it must of a struck a nerve with the subject matter. Reading some of the forum discussions supports this

How Dare You 'Stupid *beep* Hole' to Decompose OUR History?
Manipulating Bangladesh's Liberation War HISTORY !
Complete Humiliation To BD history
  • Like 1

LOL That BSG got everybody going nuts.

I have to have a go next year. Although, whenever I see BSG I always first think Battlestar Galactica and wonder why someone is bringing it up.
  • Like 2

I have to have a go next year. Although, whenever I see BSG I always first think Battlestar Galactica and wonder why someone is bringing it up.

No good reason not to bring up Battlestar Galactica

• Like 1

What did you think of the movie?

Some of the action scenes and the turtles themselves were actually pretty good but overall its weak even in the context of being a Bay movie. Reviews overall are about fair.

im surprised at how well Lucy has done. It looked like a rip off of Limitless, which was a great film, one of my favourite films of 2011. Matter of fact, 3 good films came out that weekend

Edited by jessie