CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

It s crazy to think Lion King never got a proper sequel. I know about the direct to dvd stuff'

Times they are changing.

Could you imagine if Tangled and Frozen came out in the 1990s? They'd probably both have like two DTV sequels and a TV show by now.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Tangled is getting a TV show...

That it is, but it hadn't been announced yet when I made the post. ;)

Still, a lot less immediate that it would have been in the 1990s. For Tangled it will be seven years between the film and the show. The Little Mermaid only had to wait three years for its TV show, Aladdin and Tarzan had to wait two, The Lion King and Hercules had to wait one.

On 2/23/2016 at 11:51 AM, Maxmoser3 said:

Disney still trying that sequel?

I guess so. Still no release date announced.

I wonder when Disney is actually going to release Frozen 2. Will it be 2019 or 2020? They already have the Thanksgiving Wednesdays of both years reserved, according to BOM. Will it come immediately after Gigantic? Will any of these choices affect gross?

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

I wonder when Disney is actually going to release Frozen 2. Will it be 2019 or 2020? They already have the Thanksgiving Wednesdays of both years reserved, according to BOM. Will it come immediately after Gigantic? Will any of these choices affect gross?

It's so obviously gonna be 2019.

Disney's building the Frozen franchise bit by bit every year.

2013: The movie

2014: Once Upon A Time 

2015: Frozen Fever

2016: Frozen: Live at the Hyperion and Frozen Ever After

2017: Frozen: The Christmas Special

2018: Frozen on Broadway

They keep giving the fans a new thing every year in different shapes and forms, each one bigger and better than the last. If some new major Frozen thing comes out each and every year, then the sequel's a definite, as where else can you really go?

• Like 5