CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

2 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

I've never watched Frozen, but this trailer oddly tempts me to check it out. I'm gonna go in blind without knowing what happens in the previous movie and see how that goes.

Story-wise, Frozen 1 is not that great

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 4

2 hours ago, tupek said:

Story-wise, Frozen 1 is not that great

Will-Smith-No.gif

Also, this new trailer is great. I'm happy it's not delving deep into the plot. It's giving a hint (there's some secret/history regarding Elsa's powers and they need to go on a quest to solve it and save the world) but leaving the details free so that they don't overexpose it.

If we're only going to see one more trailer before the release, I hope it's not going to reveal much more. Covering the music (outside of the new Vuelie) would be great. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

Gen X humor yuck

Hey, we get shafted by both Boomers and Millennials.  Our biggest claim to fame is our ironic and slightly-detached-from-it-all humor.  Take that away from us and we hardly have anything left!

*double checks Colbert's age*

*sees he's technically a Boomer by one year*

Well, fuck.  

*checks Kristen Bell's age*

*sees she's technically a Millennial by one year*

GODDAMMIT! :rant:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 9

On 6/11/2019 at 6:16 AM, Valonqar said:

so...where's the girlfriend? :ph34r: isn't that the main selling point?

For whom?  If it were a selling point, then it would be a pandering stunt under the circumstances, but I don't see any selling on Disney's part going on, just wishful thinkers attempting to pressure WDAS to give them what they want.  They may or may not, and I seriously doubt that they will.  It's not as though Elsa were even thought of as being homosexual in Frozen by the directors.  I can't read their minds, but it's a pretty safe assumption that is implicitly backed up by the following tweet:

https://twitter.com/alittlejelee/status/366307024956444672?lang=en

They could always change their minds because the original movie doesn't explicitly say, but why at this point?  They can come up with a better reason than being pressured by a small but vocal minority during a politically charged era.  Maybe some other time with another character in another franchise and better reasons.

the trailer looks visually stunning but lacks charm. hopefully they have a power song up their sleeve.

It's just a second teaser, and they're not going for charm yet.  Besides, Elsa and Anna provide plenty of charm on their own.  Speaking of which, are they even more dolled up now?  The apparent subtle aging they've been given has increased their visual appeal.  Sure enough, they're in the age range that heterosexual men of any age would find the most physically attractive in women.  Yes, that sounds bad in a way--pretty unfair, too.  But that is life, and it is the truth.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:20 AM, Sunny Max said:

Yeah .. Frozen II has OS advantage Especially in asian markets (China/Japan)

The franchise is at its most popular in Asia, that is true enough, albeit the box office performance of the original was so outsized in certain markets--namely Japan and South Korea--that I can easily imagine the sequel dropping in those markets.  This may or may not be fully compensated for by a potentially huge increase in China, where it scored $49 million under unfavorable circumstances.  I've heard that since then the franchise has become much better known and very well liked in China, which positions the sequel perfectly for the kind of huge growth in box office revenue we've often seen with sequels, particularly animated sequels.  It could potentially be really big in China if conditions are favorable this time around.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:36 AM, Claudio said:

I'm male and I'm already interested with Anna and Elsa. No need to add other elements to attract male when you have 2 beautiful leads. 

I never could understand why some people think that Frozen doesn't appeal to males.  It did skew female in theaters, but relatively mildly at 57% (lower than most female-led movies) despite all of this prejudice.  The story could have been told with two male protagonists and no significant changes, and as you pointed out, the female leads are appealing.  Additionally, it is virtually devoid of the "Mary Sue" girl-power crap that is both misogynistic and offensive to anyone who isn't the most naive possible kind of feminist.

On 6/11/2019 at 6:58 AM, danhtruong5 said:

Can it overperform in China? Frozen $49M there back then....

It's much better known in China now, and seems to be popular from what I've heard, so I'd be surprised if the sequel doesn't blow that number out of the water.  That isn't so hard, though, so there are still the questions of by how much and whether it will be enough to make up for the probable drops in Japan and South Korea, its two largest Asian markets.

Where Frozen really underperformed was Mexico and the rest of Latin America, so I can easily see major growth in that whole large region, unless for some broad cultural reason I'm unaware of they just don't like this franchise there.  Europe also has some room for growth, but frankly I have no idea about the domestic market.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:04 AM, Sunny Max said:

Ahnnnn  ??  no chance Frozen2 wont be topping AEG ... even $2 B would be huge for the film 

Did you really just mention $2 billion?

On 6/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, Royce said:

Like what causes Elsa to go to the trolls again at least? Never mind how they solve it, what is the actual conflict?

Oh no, the trailers haven't answered these questions, and are only raising new ones!  You're dying to learn the answers, but how?  If only there were some way to get these answers, preferably starting on November 22 at the latest.  If only.... 🤔😉

On 6/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, captainwondyful said:

Disney dragging its feet on creating a Princess Team-Up Movie is mind-blowing after the response they got from Wreck-It-Ralph.

Well, like me WDAS are probably having trouble getting their heads around the concept.  These characters don't all exist in the same universe, so how could there be a plausible, believable scenario in which they'd all team up to do something that people could take seriously?  They're not superheroes who do that stuff as an occupation.  The only answer I can think of is making a huge spoof, but Ralph Breaks the Internet already found an ideal excuse to do that (albeit with web versions or "avatars" of the princesses, not the actual princesses), and I for one don't want a whole spoof movie.  It'd be kind of cool if they could make a real movie like this, but it doesn't make sense.  It'd be more like a video game than a movie.

Edited by Melvin Frohike
  • Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

14 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Will-Smith-No.gif

Also, this new trailer is great. I'm happy it's not delving deep into the plot. It's giving a hint (there's some secret/history regarding Elsa's powers and they need to go on a quest to solve it and save the world) but leaving the details free so that they don't overexpose it.

If we're only going to see one more trailer before the release, I hope it's not going to reveal much more. Covering the music (outside of the new Vuelie) would be great. 

But it’s true, though Frozen II looks great.

16 minutes ago, Melvin Frohike said:

For whom?  If it were a selling point, then it would be a pandering stunt, but I don't see any selling on Disney's part going on, just wishful thinkers attempting to pressure WDAS to give them what they want.  They may or may not, and I seriously doubt that they will.  It's not as though Elsa were even thought of as being homosexual in Frozen by the directors, as the following tweet sure seems to imply:

https://twitter.com/alittlejelee/status/366307024956444672?lang=en

They could always change their minds because the original movie doesn't explicitly say, but why?  They can come up with a better reason than being pressured by a small but vocal minority during a politically charged era.  Maybe some other time with another character in another franchise and better reasons.

It's just a second teaser, and they're not going for charm yet.  Besides, Elsa and Anna provide plenty of charm on their own.  Speaking of which, are they even more dolled up now?  The apparent subtle aging they've been given has increased their visual appeal.  Sure enough, they're in the age range that heterosexual men of any age would find the most attractive.  Yes, that sounds bad in a way--pretty unfair, too.  But that is life, and it is the truth.

The franchise is at its most popular in Asia, that is true enough, albeit the box office performance of the original was so outsized in certain markets--namely Japan and South Korea--that I can easily imagine the sequel dropping in those markets.  This may or may not be fully compensated for by a potentially huge increase in China, where it scored $49 million under unfavorable circumstances.  I've heard that since then the franchise has become much better known and very well liked in China, which positions the sequel perfectly for the kind of huge growth in box office revenue we've often seen with sequels, particularly animated sequels.  It could be really big if conditions are favorable this time around.

I never could understand why some people think that Frozen doesn't appeal to males.  It did skew female in theaters, but relatively mildly at 57% (lower than most female-led movies) despite all of this prejudice.  The story could have been told with two male protagonists and no significant changes, and as you pointed out, the female leads are appealing.  Additionally, it is virtually devoid of the "Mary Sue" girl-power crap that is both misogynistic and offensive to anyone who isn't the most naive possible kind of feminist.

It's much better known in China now, and seems to be popular from what I've heard, so I'd be surprised if the sequel doesn't blow that number out of the water.  That isn't so hard, though, so there are still the questions of by how much and whether it will be enough to make up for probable drops in Japan and South Korea, its two largest Asian markets.

Where Frozen really underperformed was Mexico and the rest of Latin America, so I can easily see major growth in that whole large region, unless for some broad cultural reason I'm unaware of they just don't like this franchise there.  Europe also has some room for growth, but frankly I have no idea about the domestic market.

Did you really even mention $2 billion?

Oh no, the trailers haven't answered these questions, and are only raising new ones!  You're dying to learn the answers, but how?  If only there were some way to get these answers, preferably starting on November 22 at the latest.  If only.... 🤔😉

Well, like me WDAS are probably having trouble getting their heads around the concept.  These characters don't all exist in the same universe, so how could there be a scenario in which they'd all team up to do something that people could take seriously?  They're not superheroes who do that as an occupation.  The only answer I can think of is making a huge spoof, but Ralph Breaks the Internet already found an ideal excuse to do that (albeit with web versions or "avatars" of the princesses, not the actual princesses), and I for one don't want a whole spoof movie.  It'd be kind of cool if they could make a real movie like this, but it doesn't make sense.  It'd be more like a video game than a movie.

They could probably make a great Disney Princess Crossover movie without it being a full on spoof.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Melvin Frohike said:

Well, like me WDAS are probably having trouble getting their heads around the concept.

You mean cause there are too many ideas? Just off the top of my head:

• They’re all in high school together
  • They’re all in college together
  • They’re all in finishing school together
  • They are all pen pals who decide to meet for the first time
  • Hades crashes the Girls’ Brunch at Tiana’s Restauant and it all goes to Hell
  • Jafar has gone power crazy and Jasmine calls in the girls to help defeat him
  • Cruella wants to slaughter all the animals so Cinderella and the rest of the girls who can talk to animals team up to stop it. 
  • Ursula tried to attack Moana’s islands eco-systems and Ariel comes to help. 
  • Maleficent is about ready to turn into a dragon, so Aurora needs Elsa’s powers to freeze the dragons fire. 
  • Gaston is didn’t die from the fall and is still a sexist prick, so Meg and Mulan show up to give him hell and teach him not to harass women. 
  • The Evil Stepmother has Cinderella trapped in an abusive household; and her girlfriends all rally around her and help her find the strength to stand up for herself. #DisneyMagicSisterhood
  • 👏They 👏 Have 👏 ANASTASIA 👏 NOW!!!  👏. The whole movie can be about her taking her rightful place In the Circle of Life, I mean, in the Disney Princess line up. 

These characters don't all exist in the same universe

1. Who The Fuck Cares?
  2. YES they do!!!! Jasmine’s magic carpet ride goes to Meg’s Ancient Greece and Mulan’s Forbidden City.

they're not superheroes who do that as an occupation.

Pretty sure that

• Cinderella can take to animals
  • Ariel has a magical Voice
  • Belle is a super genius who invented feminism in 18th Century France
  • Pocahontas has some type of universal language superpower
  • Mulan is the greatest warrior of all time
  • Elsa is the Ice Queen
  • Moana can communicate and manipulate water

That sounds like a pretty well around superhero squad to me. Or at least, a well rounded raiding party for an adventure story. 

That said, Princesses for Hire sounds like a BLAAAAST

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 4

Pretty sure the best way to do said Disney Princess Crossover movie is make it like a reverse Enchanted. Instead of the animated princess coming to the real world, a real world character travels to the animated world.

That way you could add a new princess on top of all the others to sell more TOYS.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

30 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

You mean cause there are too many ideas? Just off the top of my head:

• They’re all in high school together
  • They’re all in college together
  • They’re all in finishing school together
  • They are all pen pals who decide to meet for the first time
  • Hades crashes the Girls’ Brunch at Tiana’s Restauant and it all goes to Hell
  • Jafar has gone power crazy and Jasmine calls in the girls to help defeat him
  • Cruella wants to slaughter all the animals so Cinderella and the rest of the girls who can talk to animals team up to stop it. 
  • Ursula tried to attack Moana’s islands eco-systems and Ariel comes to help. 
  • Maleficent is about ready to turn into a dragon, so Aurora needs Elsa’s powers to freeze the dragons fire. 
  • Gaston is didn’t die from the fall and is still a sexist prick, so Meg and Mulan show up to give him hell and teach him not to harass women. 
  • The Evil Stepmother has Cinderella trapped in an abusive household; and her girlfriends all rally around her and help her find the strength to stand up for herself. #DisneyMagicSisterhood
  • 👏They 👏 Have 👏 ANASTASIA 👏 NOW!!!  👏. The whole movie can be about her taking her rightful place In the Circle of Life, I mean, in the Disney Princess line up. 
  1. Who The Fuck Cares?
  2. YES they do!!!! Jasmine’s magic carpet ride goes to Meg’s Ancient Greece and Mulan’s Forbidden City.

Pretty sure that

• Elsa is the Ice Queen

That sounds like a pretty well around superhero squad to me. Or at least, a well rounded raiding party for an adventure story. 

tl;dr version: 

Once you stop caring about canon, the possibilities are endless and the vistas that could be explored nearly as so.

Not that folks should skip cap's post, as it's a great one.  But my tl;dr: summary is pretty much the first and only step needed. ;)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

• Elsa is the Ice Queen

Anna is the Hawkeye of the group.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

tl;dr version: 

Once you stop caring about canon, the possibilities are endless and the vistas that could be explored nearly as so.

Not that folks should skip cap's post, as it's a great one.  But my tl;dr: summary is pretty much the first and only step needed. ;)

Disney is All About IMAGINATION. 

And tl;dr

I don’t care how or why or what or who or where. I just want to see my princesses being friends with each other!!! 

OH... and I FORGOT that  Rapunzel has magical hair !!!  

23 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Instead of the animated princess coming to the real world, a real world character travels to the animated world.

Cool story. And Avengers/Princess crossover would make a 1B DOM. 

• Like 4