CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

On 12/18/2019 at 9:45 PM, lor15 said:

Saw the movie today in latin spanish, even if i wasn't able to watch it in English I absolutely loved everything. Show yourself is one of the best music sequences ever in a film, beautiful.

Hola! soy de Venezuela. Yo vi Frozen 2 dos veces en el cine, una vez en español y la otra en inglés, las dos veces me encantó.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:09 PM, misafeco said:

Not a fan of the series idea. Frozen is a juggernaut partially because of the songs, it would be very hard to create enough of them (and more importantly keeping the quality) for a full season, let alone 2.

Okay, I just looked up what the hell elsamaren is. Please God, no! 😂 

Tangled the Series made it work. Ready As I'll Ever Be is such an AWESOME Disney song.

• Like 1

So this will pass both 400M and the original's final gross tomorrow, while still making 70%+ in daily gross.

F1 made 77M between 27 Dec and 5 Jan, 60% of that would be 46M (close to 450M total). Add 30M more for the rest of the run and you will get 480M total. A monster run all things considered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Song impact: F1>Aladdin>F2  

movie impact: F1>F2>Aladdin    

F1 establishes the entire beloved franchise. F2 is a fun watch and does some fun things with characters and worldbuilding, but if it didn’t exist or was 100% different that would work fine. Frozen’s simplicity works for it, not against it. All it needs to be better than F2 (and most movies this decade) is the Elsa/Anna relationship, ice superpowers, villain twist, and feel-don’t-conceal Aesop.

Would be offtopic in the weekday numbers thread, so I answer here.

I was relieved that F2 avoided most of the common sequel tropes.

My biggest fears prior watching it were:

1, Bringing back the parents. It would've ruin the emotional effect of Do You Want To Build A Snowman. What they did in F2 was a very elegant handling of the whole thing. Flashback/Elsa's memories worked just fine.

2, Making Olaf the "star" of the movie. He works quite well as a funny sidekick with some emotional moments to make him a standout in F1. He obviously had a bigger role (after all he was created only in the 2nd act of the first movie), but I didn't feel he was too much. And somehow his jokes worked even better this time. His dissolving was a sad and moving scene, similar to the dissappearance of Bing Bong in IO.

3, Too much nostalgia, not enough inventiveness. Again, it was very well balanced, with some flashbacks and easter eggs (Olaf stole the show with the recap of the 1st movie :lol:). But the story itself took a new, bold direction and continued the character development wonderfully.

Expectations were sky-high and I was happy to say it did not disappoint. It's not that hard to make an unimaginative (some might say cash-grab) sequel to a beloved first entry, happens all the time.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Feanor said:

So does Frozen II have a chance at topping Finding Dory’s domestic gross or will it end up somewhere lower?

Assuming an estimated $17 million this weekend, Ralph 2 legs from here on out gets Frozen 2 to $485 million total. 

On 12/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, FrozenUnicorn said:

Tangled the Series made it work. Ready As I'll Ever Be is such an AWESOME Disney song.

Preach. A Frozen series has great potential (assuming they can somehow bring back the main cast). Rapunzel's Tangled Adventures has some songs even better than the movie songs.

• Like 4

^ maybe it's just YouTube algorithm pointing me there more than Into the Unknown covers lol. I've seen a lot of YouTubers doing covers.

Here's my favorite of the covers I saw

Edited by forg

Frozen 2 sixth weekend enter in top ten alltime at #6 behind Avatar, Titanic, Frozen 1, Black Panther and The Sixth Sense. We'll see if, after actuals coming, it be up or down.

Very Devilish : 6th wknd, rank #6, below 6th Sense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2