CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

I've always found adults loudly demanding a gay character in a cartoon made primarily for six year olds fairly funny. 

Frozen is not primarily made for 6-year olds but yes I do find it funny (to be fair, 6 yo's are a demographic).

• Like 2

To Me, Frozen is actually the hardest Disney movie to properly make a sequel to. It has a good beginning, a great middle and a fantastic end. It came entirely full circle. To me it's an absolute masterpiece. As a movie made for families and fans of Disney in general, it's a massive delight.

Now, a lot of Disney movies also follow the same path and got sequels to, but they all had tiny potential hooks to follow (I personally think sequels to Big Hero 6 and Zootopia are much more plausible). Frozen really didn't have one. They're going to use where she got her powers now I'm assuming, but I don't entirely think we necessarily need some massive backstory of why Elsa got her powers.  That said, I'm there day one due to my massive love of the original and the fact that the first teaser was jaw dropping and spectacular.

I'm vastly looking forward to the movie, but I'm also terrified it won't top or be equal to the original.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Often Disney spends nothing on the sequel and it is crap. They look like they put a ton of effort into it. It also never made sense that she had powers and her sister didn't.

Yeah, but it's a fairy tale and I could see that happen in actual fairy tales and they often don't explain why things happen, they just are.

Once Upon a Time actually explained that pretty well in their Frozen season, even if that was glorified fan fiction.

That walk on water scene, my God, that was beautiful!

34 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've always found adults loudly demanding a gay character in a cartoon made primarily for six year olds fairly funny. 

Why would this be funny? Kids often know from a fairly young age that they are different when it comes to sexuality and attraction, or will meet other kids that are different. Many parents want to see this reality reflected in the movies they take their kids to see, so that their own kids know that they are normal and loved, and know to treat others the same way. That's not funny to me, and arguably it is more important to have this simple representation in movies directed to kids, as they grow up to be adults. 

In my experience, people aren't "loudly demanding" that a character be gay, only that it should be a non-issue that a character were gay. And given the lack of representation in media (including movies), how wonderful it might be to see that on screen sometimes. 

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 15

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Often Disney spends nothing on the sequel and it is crap. They look like they put a ton of effort into it. It also never made sense that she had powers and her sister didn't.

Inb4 the sequel reveals they aren’t really blood related and the Elsanna shippers go extra crazy.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Inb4 the sequel reveals they aren’t really blood related and the Elsanna shippers go extra crazy.

I honestly see that as a possibility but Elsanna . . . .NO

Spoiler

I'm almost 100% convinced that's going to end up being the twist of the movie, that Elsa was adopted/taken from birth mother

Edited by Yandereprime101189