CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

7 minutes ago, Royce said:

Nah

"She's from the other studio..."

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Crossover confirmed!

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

No, you're not.  And I SCREAMED at that.  I want it so effing badly.

Disney dragging its feet on creating a Princess Team-Up Movie is mind-blowing after the response they got from Wreck-It-Ralph.

tumblr_pda8ib2AYc1qj50dho2_250.gif

34 minutes ago, TMP said:

Aren't they like teenagers lmao

Ha?! They definitely do not look like teenagers. They look like mature women in the 20s ( at least judging by their looks on animations ). 

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

if anything, they toned down other elements such as Olaf, romance, comedy. 

No big deal. I'm pretty sure they just making all the elements to balance and work to each other.

I love how so many of the shots here resemble paintings. When I went through (the now defunct) Magic of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios in early 2014 a few months after the first one came out they had a lot of original concept art on display with plenty of "landscape" shots that weren't really used in the movie. Looks like they're correcting course by using them for the sequel.

• Like 9

If Merida shows up in this I will 100% see this opening day. Even though I don't think highly of her movie, she's one of my favorite princesses. 

In retrospect, all of my favorite princesses are the CG ones.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 75Live said:

30 minute?  Geez with trailers and that "short", it will be an hour before the movie even starts 😛

Pretty sure that's a joke. Coco had an annoying half hour Frozen thing before it when it came out that prompted a lot of (justified) backlash.

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

Pretty sure that's a joke. Coco had an annoying half hour Frozen thing before it when it came out that prompted a lot of (justified) backlash.

So much that they ended up removing it like 2 weeks after. The short itself was alright but it had absolutely no place being shown in front of an already long movie + trailers.

And yeah, don't take that Twitter account seriously, none of her sources are legit. ;) 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I still remember the reactions toward that special. You could hear everyone in the audience collectively groan whenever a new song played.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I still remember the reactions toward that special. You could hear everyone in the audience collectively groan whenever a new song played.

Seeing Coco is how I spent Thanksgiving with the family and that short was almost enough to sour the entire day. Thank god Coco itself more than made up for it.

• Like 2

I was hoping this new trailer would follow through on the tone established in the teaser, and to my delight it very much did. I like that, apart from the first 30 seconds of the Youtube version, there are very few shots from the initial teaser that feature in this new one (the autumn imagery which pervaded the former doesn't appear here very often). The animation on display is jaw-dropping, and has convinced me that this is worth IMAX viewing. Loving Elsa's new dress too.

Hats off to the marketing team, they've played a blinder so far. It's a welcome change from the usually lackluster campaigns that are carried out for Disney Animation flicks. 

• Like 5

I'm even more curious now to hear the music that Kristen-Anderson and Robert Lopez have conjured up for this given what we've seen so far. I have to keep reminding myself that despite the Breath of the Wild, Avatar: The Last Airbender-like imagery on display in these trailers, this movie is still a musical. 

I think the film itself will have a pretty significant presence at D23, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they parallel what happened at 2013's D23 when Let It Go premiered and have the first official song debut at the convention.

• Like 1

It's quite fitting that this trailer got uploaded on the same day Ralph Breaks the Internet goes up on Netflix.

That said, loved this trailer. Can't wait for it and definitely gonna try to see this opening weekend. I haven't missed a WDAS film in theatres since Wreck-It Ralph, and I don't intend to miss this one.

• Like 1