CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

I never thought Disney would Endgame the marketing with these teasers/trailers. But hey it works for me. It made me go from "I loved the first movie but I don't need a sequel" when they announced it, to "GIVE ME FROZEN II NOOOW!!".

• Like 6

I liked this trailer more than I expected. I went from I'll probably catch it on streaming to I'll be there opening weekend. It's weird that I'm more hyped for this than I am for Toy Story 4 even though I liked the last 3 toy story films (and the first two are masterpieces that immensely impacted my childhood) much more than Frozen.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Utter bullshit that it was 22 minutes long.

If only it was 44 instead. Should have put it at the end instead of the beginning though so the people who weren’t interested could just peace out.

The trailers for Disney Animation movies don't tend to show much of the story, which I really admire. It was great to walk into Frozen, Zootopia and Moana for example not knowing what the crux of their story was and being blown away by the emotional depth and spectacle they boasted. On the other hand, I'm often frustrated with their marketing campaigns because they rely too heavily on comedic moments or humorous side characters which don't do justice to the scale of the films themselves. That's why I'm so thrilled with how Frozen II is shaping up - as usual they're not showing much of the story, but they're actually giving people of all ages reasons to be invested instead of just pandering to the kids with slapstick comedy or seemingly goofy characters.

When I saw some of the visuals in Moana's third act I didn't think Disney could reach those heights again, but amazingly there are moments in this trailer that are just as aesthetically pleasing (I got a warm feeling of Harry Potter nostalgia with that Patronus looking underwater horse).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I dunno, I think Zootopia kind of gave away some.

It's probably more of a personal experience but I didn't see the main theatrical trailer for Zootopia before I watched the movie itself - all I saw was that announcement teaser and then the Sloth one that was attached to TFA

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gadd said:

It's probably more of a personal experience but I didn't see the main theatrical trailer for Zootopia before I watched the movie itself - all I saw was that announcement teaser and then the Sloth one that was attached to TFA

Yeah, I don't even know of what movies the main trailer was attached to.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, I don't even know of what movies the main trailer was attached to.

I think that one came out  in January 2016, not entirely certain. I went back and watched it afterwards and I still felt like it didn't reflect the movie's quality, it even had that trailer voice-over that went out of fashion in the mid-noughties. 

In regards to F2, we'll probably hear more about Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown's roles at D23 as their characters have presumably been absent from the marketing material so far.

3 minutes ago, gadd said:

I think that one came out  in January 2016, not entirely certain. I went back and watched it afterwards and I still felt like it didn't reflect the movie's quality, it even had the trailer voice-over guy who went out of fashion in the mid-noughties. 

In regards to F2, we'll probably hear more about Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown's roles at D23 as their characters have presumably been absent from the marketing material so far.

I hope the marketing becomes a little more kids appealing.

It does make sense since mostly young adults and (too cool for Disney princesses) teenagers would be the ones checking out trailers 5 months before release. But it still needs the kids to go "I wanna see Frozen mom/dad" 

I'm sold either way. 

• Like 1