CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Hey, you.

Yes, I do mean you.

Think Frozen 2 is going to to gangbusters? Or is it going to underwhelm? I can't remember what you think, so why don't you write it down in my Disney 2019 ranking club. You've got just over three hours to join!

(Also, my boss asked me today if I'm excited for Frozen 2. I had to tamp down my excitement and just say "very much so".)

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So....

How are we feeling about a Frozen 2 > TFA Worldwide club? :ph34r:

I like your spirit, but that is far too high a milestone for me. Frozen still holds the animation record at $1.28 billion, and no other animated film besides Incredibles 2 has ever gotten close to it. Considering the phenomenon nature of the first film, I don't think it's possible to see that kind of growth. It would have to meet most of the following conditions to succeed:

-Break the November OW record domestically and have great holiday legs (4+ multiplier)

-Be as big as Toy Story 4 in Latin America

-Break Zootopia's record for animated films in China

-Stay flat in Japan. Very tall order considering Japan grossed an insane $250 million for the first film

-Modest increase in South Korea, another overperforming market for Frozen

-Big increase across the board in Europe and Australia, where Frozen wasn't comparatively big

People go over the top predicting these sequels. Frozen exploded in markets that otherwise is not growing. I doubt it will break out markets which are SH friendly(Asia minus Korea/Japan). China would do well but not uber blockbuster numbers. Japan will drop for sure(150m would be the target).

If everything goes good and it has a song as big a hit as Let it go then 1.5B could happen. But beating 1st movie itself wont be easy.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

People go over the top predicting these sequels. Frozen exploded in markets that otherwise is not growing. I doubt it will break out markets which are SH friendly(Asia minus Korea/Japan). China would do well but not uber blockbuster numbers. Japan will drop for sure(150m would be the target).

If everything goes good and it has a song as big a hit as Let it go then 1.5B could happen. But beating 1st movie itself wont be easy.

There isn’t any fun in realistic predictions. I think most people are aware that the general target for any sequel is +/- 10% of its predecessor, but that’s a boring club or target to have.

7 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

What were your clubs?

Pikachu Over Episode IX WW :lol:

May the Force be Furious! Hobbs&Shaw Over Episode IX WW (does not look good)

The King's Endgame: Two 2B Grossers in 2019 - TA:EG and TLK (this could still happen cause EG got there)

Episode IX to Miss Top 5 WW (could still happen)

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Time to start hyping up Frozen 2 to unreachable heights so we can inevitably call it a flop when it only reaches an amazingly high but not ridiculously high number!

$700m DOM / $1200m OS :ohmygod:

"I thought you were supposed to post something unreasonable there, VenomXXR"

- @captainwondyful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4