CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Love all the posters. I know a lot of guys who feel Frozen is too girly or kiddie, but I think the promotion for Frozen II has done a good job of making the film seem a lot more epic and thrilling than the first. The sequel should hopefully attract a more 4-quadrant audience.

• Like 3

Just now, KP1025 said:

Love all the posters. I know a lot of guys who feel Frozen is too girly or kiddie, but I think the promotion for Frozen II has done a good job of making the film seem a lot more epic and thrilling than the first. The sequel should hopefully attract a more 4-quadrant audience.

I think Frozen was so hyped after it came out that a backlash was inevitable among males. And also among those people who love the older Disney movies. I think it still needs some time to earn a place among the classics in the eyes of the public. Eventually it will get there.

I will be there to make it more 4-quadrant (missed the first in cinemas), but definitely not on opening weekend. I don't want to listen to the noise of small kids, thank you. Monday or Tuesday evening should be fine. :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Since this is topping off this decade of WDAS films I might do a rewatch of all of them starting with Tangled. Great decade for them though considering the trouble the studio was in back in the early 2000s. Think they overall beat Pixar for quality this decade.

2020 is still the same decade, isn't it? Between 2011-2019 WDAS has a better average than Pixar in my opinion as well. Of the 10 Pixar movies only Inside Out (and maybe Coco) is up there with the classics of the 90s and 2000s. Having so many unnecessary sequels didn't help them either. Meanwhile Disney animation was pretty consistent, maybe not on the level of the golden era of the 90s but that's impossible to top.