CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can’t believe I am saying this, but FROZEN 2 is better than its predecessor. Darker, a little more mature, but still an excellent film for families, the songs believe it or not are catchier, so parents beware. SEE THIS MOVIE! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Frozen2?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Frozen2</a> <a href="https://t.co/0RLKpckHWS">pic.twitter.com/0RLKpckHWS</a></p>&mdash; Skyler Shuler (@Skylerhxc) <a href="https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/1192672193739509760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Some people said the story was not as good as the first one??? But the song was better?

Lol, imo, the first one is the one with boring and simple story, and the only hightlight of the first one is Let it go. And im sure many audience around the world also say this.

This sequence is the one will be more complex, mature and darker and better with different tone from the first one. 

Well, sometime previews from the citrics and audience are very different from each other. 

Edited by PKMLover

Hearing a lot of "darker tone." I mean, it's still a WDAS movie that's meant to be showable to like, legions of 5 year old girls, so I doubt they take that too far -- but it has me a bit concerned. I liked the tone of the first one, which already had some dark moments/themes. Hopefully they make it work nicely. 

37 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So this wont hit Frozen reviews level either. More than % I am looking at average or Metacritic number. But sequels rarely hit the numbers of originals.But this wont have crazy legs for sure. Simple reason is that its a much hyped sequel. So big OW and there will be a drop. 

The first one has 6x legs, what do you think about the legs of this one?

Can a movie with bad review but still have good legs?

• Disbelief 1

We're might be looking at the worst reviewed (relative of course) WDAS film in over 10 years. Should still land on the side on certified fresh, but Critics Choice isn't looking too hot right of the bat (in fairness it didn't look too great for Moana at the start either).

Frozen II 70/100

vs

Meet the Robinsons 75/100

Bolt

85/100

The Princess and the Frog 85/100
Tangled 84/100
Winnie the Pooh 75/100

Wreck-It Ralph 82/100
Frozen 88/100
Big Hero 6 85/100
Zootopia 91/100
Moana 89/100
Ralph Breaks The Internet 83/100
Edited by PNF2187
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Reviews may have some factor into the opening weekend, but long term legs will be up to how much audiences enjoy the movie.

6 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

On the other hands, some critics said that the music and songs this time were better than the original??? I hope it turns out true as this is the main factor for the popular and success of Frozen brand.

Good music and songs should probably be enough for this one to have great legs so long as the story doesn't end up being too divisive, it won't be a 5.95x multiplier like the first film, but something close to a 3.6x multiplier like that of Ralph Breaks the Internet and Toy Story 4 doesn't seem out of the question.

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

Legs depend on how the general audience enjoy the movie, regardless of reviews from the critics. So bad-reviewed movies could still have good legs. But if you're asking this for Frozen 2, the early reception/reviews for it aren't even close to being bad lol.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1