CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

These reactions are such boring, generic first reaction blather. Darker (duh, please show me a reaction to a sequel that didn't call it darker) , more mature, more spectacle but more intimacy too (suuuure), not as good as the first/better than the first, 1 actor gets singled out. Rinse repeat (as soon as TROS). 

No seriously, this generic shit doesn't say much. It's the same thing they say every time, total copypasta. I'm sure the movie's good and boxoffice will be through the roof but these  reactions are useless. At least they don't call it ambitious which is a code word for "this movie is a steaming turd but I can't to say it cause I'm supposed to be supportive". 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

The reactions are what I’d expect from folks who just watched the film at a premiere. Either way I’m not expecting anywhere near the reception the first one got, critics or audience wise. The first one caught lightening in a bottle in terms of reception and how it became a cultural phenomena. To expect the second to do the same is insane. Not saying it can’t but the expectation for the reception of this film shouldn’t be at Frozen level. But as long as it gets good reviews and audiences enjoy it, it’ll be fine. 

• Like 2

I just read the legacy part of Frozen’s Wikipedia page and omg :rofl:

“During the spring and summer of 2014, several journalists observed that Frozen was unusually catchy in comparison to the vast majority of films, in that many children in both the U.S. and the UK were watching Frozenso many times that they now knew all the songs by heart and kept singing them again and again at every opportunity, to the distress of their hapless parents, teachers, and classmates.“  

• Haha 4

The context in which F2 is reviewed is completely different: in months before it opened. F1 was barely talked about, and people didn't immediately recognize it for that masterpiece that actually was. After six years it is the strongest animation brand worldwide, Elsa&Anna are better know than Pope or POTUS too: the expectations are much more higher as is the level of marketing. So please, critic, tell us if you like or dislike the movie and why, without caring of it is better or worse of F1. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Into the Unknown sounds amazing from the song's teaser but the Panic in the Disco version sounds absolutely terrible. 

yeah the panic at the disco guy sings it like someone's grabbing his nuts but aside from that the song sounds good. i'm sure the movie version will be really good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah the panic at the disco guy sings it like someone's grabbing his nuts but aside from that the song sounds good. i'm sure the movie version will be really good.

I hate the attention Panic at the Disco gets honestly. Almost all their songs I've listened to are vanilla crap. No clue why they are so popular.

12 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Reactions are all great so far but some said it doesn't beat the original.

To be fair, it's hard to beat the first, coming from a Frozen superfan :)

Also to be fair, I think the only times it's been unanimously agreed a sequel was better than the original (for a stand-alone movie that is) was Toy Story 2 and Shrek 2.

• Like 1

Critics are usually useless - everyone knows that by now.

Half of them will hate on the movie with the only reason that Elsa is NOT a full blown lesbian. Disgusting tools.

The lesser the RT% this movie gets - the better it will turn out to be. RT 50% is practically a masterpiece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1