CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

On 11/8/2019 at 2:05 PM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I just rewatched Tangled and it holds up really well. The lantern scene with "I See The Light" is still gorgeous and the animation in general is fantastic to look at still since I think it's when Disney started to crack how to take the 2D sensibilities into CGI.

Went on to watch Winnie the Pooh. Man so sad this film was pretty much left to die by Disney by releasing it along with Deathly Hallows Part 2. A perfect encapsulation why Winnie the Pooh has endured as a Disney franchise since the 1960s and as someone who loved the A.A Milne books too it was lovely to see some of those stories adapted (albiet loosely) in this film. An easy watch for kids yet like great animated films is appealing to everyone even if there's nothing much going on underneath the surface. The last 2D Animated Film sadly by Disney Animation. Hoping that somehow changes in the future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Went on to watch Winnie the Pooh. Man so sad this film was pretty much left to die by Disney by releasing it along with Deathly Hallows Part 2. A perfect encapsulation why Winnie the Pooh has endured as a Disney franchise since the 1960s and as someone who loved the A.A Milne books too it was lovely to see some of those stories adapted (albiet loosely) in this film. An easy watch for kids yet like great animated films is appealing to everyone even if there's nothing much going on underneath the surface. The last 2D Animated Film sadly by Disney Animation. Hoping that somehow changes in the future. 

Also the Lopezes who did Frozen's songs did the songs for WtP, so that's a bonus! :)

Also Jennifer Lee (who's head of Disney now since Lasster left) said recently they're definitely up to doing more 2D animated films in the future, so there's hope!

• Like 2

So I didn't read or watch any video about the movie because I wanted to keep the excitement in check but I started to read the first opinions of those who saw Frozen 2 and that's really heart-warming (no pun intended) to read, I can't believe I'll see it in 10 days :D

I'm gonna watch the trailers tonight before going to bed and I feel like it's gonna be amazing, there's even a guy who said the songs are catchier than in Frozen 1 :o

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Also the Lopezes who did Frozen's songs did the songs for WtP, so that's a bonus! :)

Also Jennifer Lee (who's head of Disney now since Lasster left) said recently they're definitely up to doing more 2D animated films in the future, so there's hope!

I think Disney should be looking at expanding on what they did with Paperman and Feast which is CGI with a 2D look. SPA kind of did with Spider-Verse but to the same extent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

So, when will we get the first reviews?

Answering my own question: No official date but it's sometimes in the coming week, Wednesday at the earliest I'd say.

It's releasing on November 20th in France so I guess they can't wait too much.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Not unrealistic, but is there an official source for that information?

I was just checking the foreign box office forums and saw this, don't remember who exactly said this but I know it was a reliable person.

Will try to know more whenever I can.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS JUST IN: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Frozen2?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Frozen2</a> is unstoppable! We&#39;ve been crunching numbers &amp; check this out: In its first 48 hours of presales at <a href="https://twitter.com/Fandango?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Fandango</a>, the film has sold more tix than <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ToyStory4?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ToyStory4</a> did in its entire first week of presales, as well as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheLionKing?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheLionKing</a> in its first week of presales, too <a href="https://t.co/wPLNJloIJ2">pic.twitter.com/wPLNJloIJ2</a></p>&mdash; Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) <a href="https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1192150315350536197?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Some Star Wars fans bitching that Frozen 2 is getting all the attention,publicity  and marketing from Disney instead of The Rise Of Skywalker.

Let's see, Frozen Two opens in around two weeks, TROS in Six. What the hell do they expect Disney to do? Hurt Frozen 2 for the sake of TROS?

And, probably the day after Thanksgiving weekend, we will be flooded with TROS stuff.

That is the problem with some fanboys:Nothing exists outside whatever they are fans of.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Some Star Wars fans bitching that Frozen 2 is getting all the attention,publicity  and marketing from Disney instead of The Rise Of Skywalker.

Let's see, Frozen Two opens in around two weeks, TROS in Six. What the hell do they expect Disney to do? Hurt Frozen 2 for the sake of TROS?

And, probably the day after Thanksgiving weekend, we will be flooded with TROS stuff.

That is the problem with some fanboys:Nothing exists outside whatever they are fans of.

Don't mind them, Star Wars will get most of its marketing early December, there's no reason to give it priority over Frozen 2 which is as big a franchise at this point (worldwide).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Don't mind them, Star Wars will get most of its marketing early December, there's no reason to give it priority over Frozen 2 which is as big a franchise at this point (worldwide).

It would be just plain stupid for Disney to run two heavy duty campaigns at the same time. It would end up hurting both films.

• Like 4