CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

1 hour ago, shawntyrel said:

This is what I'm assuming from that review just taking in the emojis and assuming it goes in order:

-starts out really sweet 

-has some humor in the early minutes 

-something concerning happens, tense and surprising stuff with the four elements 

-some humor and surprising stuff around the middle

-entertaining songs especially in the middle 

-really funny part at some point past the middle 

-a whole lot of ice magic awesomeness

-power of love comes into play again

-the water horse and Bruni the lizard play a part in the ending climax 

-ending with a whole lot of awesome stuff and sparkly magic.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

This is what I'm assuming from that review just taking in the emojis and assuming it goes in order:

-starts out really sweet 

-has some humor in the early minutes 

-something concerning happens, tense and surprising stuff with the four elements 

-some humor and surprising stuff around the middle

-entertaining songs especially in the middle 

-really funny part at some point past the middle 

-a whole lot of ice magic awesomeness

-power of love comes into play again

-the water horse and Bruni the lizard play a part in the ending climax 

-ending with a whole lot of awesome stuff and sparkly magic.

Really can't wait for the reviews tomorrow 😍😍😍

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Went on to watch Winnie the Pooh. Man so sad this film was pretty much left to die by Disney by releasing it along with Deathly Hallows Part 2. A perfect encapsulation why Winnie the Pooh has endured as a Disney franchise since the 1960s and as someone who loved the A.A Milne books too it was lovely to see some of those stories adapted (albiet loosely) in this film. An easy watch for kids yet like great animated films is appealing to everyone even if there's nothing much going on underneath the surface. The last 2D Animated Film sadly by Disney Animation. Hoping that somehow changes in the future. 

On to Wreck It Ralph which is definitely one of the best Disney movies this era. For starters I love the world they created for the film and the rules for how the video game characters work are easy to understand. Ralph is a great protagonist and I love his arc the and overall message of the film of being content with who you are as long as you find people around you who care and love you. Ralph and Vanellope's relationship is great in this one as they relate to each other as both outsiders. The side characters such as Fix It Felix Jr and Sargeant Calhoun are interesting too and King Candy is a very good villain and a "twist villain" that works as it contextualises how our villain relates to the themes of the film and also what our hero is going through. Subsequent Disney "twist villains" would not work nearly as well. I'm going to forever be upset Brave won the Oscar over this one

Ralph Breaks the Internet is a good sequel that is more messy than its predecessor. The core of the film is great with again progressing Ralph as a character and what the meaning of friendship is. I like how there's no real villain in this film with the character choices that Ralph makes having actual consequences. While I don't find it as good as the original I do appreciate that the film isn't just another episode of these characters lives but actually tries to progress the story and characters in a meaningful way which isn't something I can't say about many sequels (such as many of the Pixar sequels this era unfortunately). I think the film does bend the rules a bit in relation to how the world was set up in the first one and the middle section with Ralph and Vanellope separated while entertaining got a bit tedious towards the end. 3rd Act where the major themes of the film come to the forefront is the best part of the film. 

2 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Critics score from MC always seems to be more "strict" than RT ??

Anychance for Frozen 2 MC critics score 80? 

MC of 80 is incredibly hard for 99% of movies. End Game was 78. 80 is like run and go see immediately rating.

Edited by cdsacken

On 11/12/2019 at 2:15 PM, dudalb said:

Some Star Wars fans bitching that Frozen 2 is getting all the attention,publicity  and marketing from Disney instead of The Rise Of Skywalker.

Let's see, Frozen Two opens in around two weeks, TROS in Six. What the hell do they expect Disney to do? Hurt Frozen 2 for the sake of TROS?

And, probably the day after Thanksgiving weekend, we will be flooded with TROS stuff.

That is the problem with some fanboys:Nothing exists outside whatever they are fans of.

In 2015, they basically did give up on advertising The Good Dinosaur in favor of TFA. Which wouldn't make sense here, but I suppose in the minds of some fans, anything that isn't totally focused on their own franchise is blasphemy. 

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

Critics score from MC always seems to be more "strict" than RT ??

Anychance for Frozen 2 MC critics score 80? 

I'd say there's no almost no chance but never say never. The only WDAS film in the last 20 years to even get past that 80 MC was Moana, and that's sitting at 81. Reactions are looking at something closer to the first Frozen and Ralph Breaks the Internet, which puts the range at 71-74 and is still in good company (every WDAS film this decade besides Zootopia and Moana has fallen in this range).

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Ralph Breaks the Internet is a good sequel that is more messy than its predecessor. The core of the film is great with again progressing Ralph as a character and what the meaning of friendship is. I like how there's no real villain in this film with the character choices that Ralph makes having actual consequences. While I don't find it as good as the original I do appreciate that the film isn't just another episode of these characters lives but actually tries to progress the story and characters in a meaningful way which isn't something I can't say about many sequels (such as many of the Pixar sequels this era unfortunately). I think the film does bend the rules a bit in relation to how the world was set up in the first one and the middle section with Ralph and Vanellope separated while entertaining got a bit tedious towards the end. 3rd Act where the major themes of the film come to the forefront is the best part of the film. 

THIS. I 100% agree with everything that is said here.

32 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I'm back for the release of Frozen 2! Sadly, most of my big recent movies have flopped, but this one should at least be huge! I'm hoping for 500 mil! What is everybody expecting?

Hoping for 600+, but satisfied with anything above the first.

• Like 3