CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

It is worth to mention after all this years, Frozen is still the 3rd biggest original film of all time, after Avatar & Titainc

Exactly. The Power of Animation!

The only thing that can dream of coming close to The Power of the Jim!! (But still not quite.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

I wonder where this rumor came from, I didn't know about it until very recently.

It's been a bit of an ongoing campaign. I remember hearing about the whole thing back in 2016 when it happened. Basically, there was a whole hashtag campaign going on with people wanting Elsa to have a girlfriend.

• Thanks 1

Yeah the issue was that the people who wanted that just wanted it for inclusivity, they didn't actually have any idea how Disney could integrate Elsa coming out again and getting a girlfriend into the main plot of the movie. Which is why coming out in the first movie works so well as a metaphor for sexuality because it ties into Elsa's powers which directly ties into the plot of the movie.

If Elsa would ever get a girlfriend in any of these movies, it would be treated with the same level of narrative attention as Kristoff and Anna getting together. As a Side Story, the fact that it will be two girls wood in the movie not be recognized as anything out of the ordinary at all.

We already got Elsa's coming out story, in the metaphor about powers in the first movie. Someday we make it an actual Disney princess coming out story but that will be Central to the plot of the movie. Or as a side story to the main plot.

• Like 1

This was alright. Larger scale than the first one and has a lot of ideas but they really go nowhere and it lacks the charm of the first film. I have no clue what Elsa's arc really was here other than rethread of the first movie. Also, the ending seriously bothered me. I found some similarities to one MCU movie but it doesn't really have the balls to go where that movie went (and what that movie did didn't even require much balls). I quite liked the songs though (no surprise) and animation looked great (again no surprise). I'm gonna go with a 5/10 but it might go up to a 6 just like how the first film went from a 6 to a 7 upon rewatch.

Show Yourself >> Let it Go tho.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

For someone who thought the first movie was just ok, I loved this one. Olaf was hilarious in this one and the songs are so much better this time. 'Show Yourself' and 'Lost in the Woods' were my favs.

Wouldn't mind seeing it again 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Frozen 2 will be as bigger as Star Wars 9 or at least very close but you can see there are far more talks about Star Wars here than on Frozen 2, same for comicbook movies with many of them growing less than F2.

It's clear that the target audience is not on BOT, outside or a few fans like me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

I’m glad they left the same-sex stuff alone here. No reason to shoehorn it in

They are saving the romantic angle for Elsa for the inevitable (now that Disney completely owns the X men) "Elsa meets Bobby Drake (The Iceman"

Crossover...…...

• Like 2

Really loved it, as did my 13 year old daughter.  She asked when we would see it again as soon as it was over.  Very rewatchable, I think.

Our theater was pretty full but not sold out or anything, though the theater itself had several private screenings happening for a couple of businesses, so maybe that affected the number of showtimes.  Big applause at the end.

Edited by sabrecmc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1