CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

4th time in cinema - it's a personal record - with my sister (16, her 2nd watch) and brother (11, first watch)

I just love to revisit this movie so much. There is always something new I can catch, the little details are amazing.

Like in this scene:

Liutenant Matthias's picture is on the wall behind them. When they meet in the forest, Anna says something like this: "Library. Second picture from the left."

Elsa hugging a pillow and raising her hand before guessing is too adorable. She is so shy. :wub:

The reactions are priceless, they really nailed the facial expressions. When Olaf does the Elsa impression, they are like:

frozen2.jpg

Elsa: "Yeah, that was pretty accurate."

Anna: "This is unfair!"

Kristoff enjoys the win, but shuts up when noticing Anna staring at him with an angry face. :lol:

I'll watch it maybe one more time before it leaves cinemas. I can't get enough of Show Yourself and the ending.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad most publications are now considering F2 to be the highest grossing animated film and not TLK 2019

In a box office achievement fit for royalty, Disney’s “Frozen 2” is officially the highest-grossing animated movie in history.

Though Jon Favreau’s remake of “The Lion King” is entirely computer generated and earned $1.65 billion in 2019, Disney considers it a live-action reboot rather than an animated flick. Either way, the benchmark only solidifies Disney’s place as the preeminent force on all things animation — the studio is now responsible for the top three biggest cartooned movie of all time.

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/frozen-2-biggest-animated-movie-ever-disney-box-office-1203456758/

Now someone just needs to edit the highest grossing animated films wikipedia page :ph34r:

• Like 3

Amazing how Frozen 1 survived titans like Minions, Despicable Me 3, Finding Dory or Incredibles 2 in worldwide grosses. Only its sequel, Frozen 2, could break the record.

I don't see another animated movie taking that crown besides a new Shrek movie which hasn't even been confirmed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tupek said:

Amazing how Frozen 1 survived titans like Minions, Despicable Me 3, Finding Dory or Incredibles 2 in worldwide grosses. Only its sequel, Frozen 2, could break the record.

I don't see another animated movie taking that crown besides a new Shrek movie which hasn't even been confirmed.

I really thought Incredibles 2 would take Frozen's WW animated record after domestic was on track for $600+ million, but OS turned out a lot weaker than I expected. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I really thought Incredibles 2 would take Frozen's WW animated record after domestic was on track for $600+ million, but OS turned out a lot weaker than I expected. 

Same but I don't think it had the same universal appeal of Frozen 2.

Incredibles 2 is incredible though no doubt. Frickin great parent movie.

7 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Me to WW top 10:

Show Yourself gets an instant like from me. :ph34r:

Btw. I started learning All Is Found on piano. It's such a beautiful song! I was playing the instrument for 6 years, I feel a little bit rusty, but will get there. Left hand movements are tough even with a much slower speed.

• Like 5

Wednesday's gross is almost exactly 50% of what F1 made on the same day. It will probably fall below during the weekend.

Considering F1 made 98M after this point of its run, F2 would basically need to keep the pace for the rest of its run to get to 500M. F1 had some incredible Jan-Feb holds so I would say it's dead.

BadScaredIridescentshark-size_restricted

I made some calculations based on the weekly grosses.

F1 F2 % F2 total
Wk1 26,54 202,87 764,4% 202,87
Wk2 76,10 100,06 131,5% 302,92
Wk3 39,57 44,44 112,3% 347,36
Wk4 30,19 26,87 89,0% 374,23
Wk5 47,13 30,56 64,8% 404,79
Wk6 57,59 33,79 58,7% 438,59
Wk7 25,47 15,04 59,0% 453,62
Wk8 18,04 8,80 48,8% 462,42
Wk9 18,15 7,10 39,1% 469,52
Wk10 11,92 4,20 35,2% 473,72
Rest 50,00 14,00 28,0% 485,72

This week (Wk7) was actually pretty decent, F2 managed to drop smaller week to week compared to F1 thanks to the strong weekend performance. Let's see how the next wide releases and expansions will effect this weekend. There is no new direct competition, but theater loss will be inevitable.

On the bright side, it made tons of money and beat F1's already amazing performance due to the huge headstart.

Found the appropriate gif:

giphy.gif

• Like 2