CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

I'm visiting this forum now after many years. I was delighted by the first film, the magic and something else - innocence, I believe. The innocence of it, the tenderness, the love. I don't know quite when the first movie enchanted me, maybe it was an expression on the sister's faces, maybe it was a soaring note, maybe it was the bond of pure love between them, time after time, from childhood into adulthood, that spilled over out of the screen, but I was enthralled. The second one caught me in just the right time. It was beautiful to see how the two sisters grew, how they surmounted what came in their way, and of course, how they loved each other through it all. I read something someone said that so perfectly encapsulates Elsa's arch "if you follow your dreams, you will see who you are and you will become who you were born to be." This theme of deep and unending love for another through these two sisters, and the finding of who one really is through Elsa's story, even after all these years, moves me deeply. 

It was a blessing, this movie, and to see others being inspired by it, too. The box office run itself was something to marvel at. 

Thank-you, thank-you.

Edited by thank-you and goodbye
  • Like 3

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the original Frozen. The movie touched me in a way that no other has in a very long time.

The first 1/3 of the movie set the relationship between Anna and Elsa so well. The "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" sequence was both touching and heartbreaking, and "For the First Time in Forever" perfectly conveyed the contrast between the two sisters, with Anna totally elated at the prospect of opening the gates and possibly even meeting her true love, and Elsa completely frozen with fear, terrified that someone would discover her secret. The coronation scene was also amazing, as the close bond between the sisters was unmistakable, even after 13 years apart.

I can't say I was completely thrilled with Frozen 2, mainly because I didn't like the ending, which I feel has somewhat damaged the franchise, but I did enjoy most of the movie.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, OffTheHizzle said:

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the original Frozen. The movie touched me in a way that no other has in a very long time.

The first 1/3 of the movie set the relationship between Anna and Elsa so well. The "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" sequence was both touching and heartbreaking, and "For the First Time in Forever" perfectly conveyed the contrast between the two sisters, with Anna totally elated at the prospect of opening the gates and possibly even meeting her true love, and Elsa completely frozen with fear, terrified that someone would discover her secret. The coronation scene was also amazing, as the close bond between the sisters was unmistakable, even after 13 years apart.

I can't say I was completely thrilled with Frozen 2, mainly because I didn't like the ending, which I feel has somewhat damaged the franchise, but I did enjoy most of the movie.

I LOVED the second film. Better songs (Let it go and then nothing versus tons of good stuff), and I loved the depth of the film. First felt very basic to me. Fun but basic.

Spoiler

It's kinda hard taking the whole "Frozen" is ruined! The sisters are no longer together! seriously when Elsa's literally riding to Arendelle in the last shot. The audio descriptive service on D+ and the Blu-ray explicitly states it.

There's no way a Frozen 3 won't have the sisters together again.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, cdsacken said:

I LOVED the second film. Better songs (Let it go and then nothing versus tons of good stuff), and I loved the depth of the film. First felt very basic to me. Fun but basic.

There were specific parts of Frozen 2 that I liked very much (Some Things Never Change, Show Yourself), but on the whole the story, although more complex, had much less emotional impact for me. I wanted to love Frozen 2, and saw it more times in the theater than the original, but the ending along with a few other scenes make the movie just so so for me.

Example: Lost in the Woods, which should have been a very emotional, heartfelt scene for Kristoff was turned into kind of a joke by making it in the form of an 80's music video.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 12:46 AM, Yandereprime101189 said:
  Hide contents

It's kinda hard taking the whole "Frozen" is ruined! The sisters are no longer together! seriously when Elsa's literally riding to Arendelle in the last shot. The audio descriptive service on D+ and the Blu-ray explicitly states it.

There's no way a Frozen 3 won't have the sisters together again.

I agree. Frozen 2 has negatively affected the overall value of the franchise. I expect that someday there'll be a Frozen 3, but there's no compelling story without reuniting the sisters.

2 hours ago, OffTheHizzle said:

There were specific parts of Frozen 2 that I liked very much (Some Things Never Change, Show Yourself), but on the whole the story, although more complex, had much less emotional impact for me. I wanted to love Frozen 2, and saw it more times in the theater than the original, but the ending along with a few other scenes make the movie just so so for me.

Example: Lost in the Woods, which should have been a very emotional, heartfelt scene for Kristoff was turned into kind of a joke by making it in the form of an 80's music video.

How interesting. I loved lost in the woods. It was a great 80s love balled. Well different strokes for different folks I guess! Wish you loved it more but I can agree on tone and ending. Bit different

• Like 1

One thing to point out:Frozen2 is the rare unplanned from the beginning sequel to a film,were the central ark feels needed and necessary,to the point that without said ark the character’s story wouldn’t be complete.(……..Of course I’m referring to ……”show yourself”.)

Edited by Melosh