CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

4 hours ago, Dingdong said:

I just hope the darker tone doesn’t backfire like Prince Caspian. That thing turned off a lot of families/kids with the mega shift in tone from the magical The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe to the darker, more epic Prince Caspian.

Prince Caspian failed because it looked cheap. Also, it should never have moved to summer and lastly, pretty much everyone has read TL,TW&TW and nothing else of that series. 

• Like 1

I was apprehensive of this sequel and shoved it in with the recent over-sequelization of Pixar. 

The (second) Disney revival was going so well (Big Hero 6 aside) and then they had to schedule numerous sequels in. WIR2 started to win me over with its trailers, but the actual movie was surprisingly bad and evidenced with its legs, many probably felt the same. And after Olaf's Tedious Adventure, well, needless to say Frozen 2 was not at all figuring in my mind.

Yet, wow, what a teaser trailer. I didn't know Disney had it in them to deliver such an epic first look, tone and perhaps even movie. I was sure that it would be another slapstick shithousery - that which Pixar seems to be going for with Toy Story FFS, but it blew me away. I didn't know that Frozen II would be the adventure epic of animation but I welcome it wholeheartedly. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nothing's going to touch Endgame DOM or OS this year, but the #2-6 spots are looking to be a mighty interesting battle I must say (can't leave TS4 out of the mix yet, especially if Pixar pulls it off). 

Actually, I’m pretty sure Pika Pika and Frozen 2 are touching Endgame.

Maybe even Star Wars 9 and TLK depending on how things go!

• Like 3

The Frozen 2 teaser has easily been the best teaser or trailer they've had in a long while. Lion King was pretty good but it didn't have the intrigue-just the "wow cool". But Frozen 2 has the mind going. What's going on? Why is Elsa doing that and where is Anna when she does this? This is how you do it and this is how you get folks talking. And talking they are! 

Comparing Frozen 2 to HTTYD2 or 3 is ridiculous. There was nothing culturally stimulating about HTTYD.

• Like 3

Well, my 13 year old daughter watched this and then pulled out her old Frozen bag to use for tomorrow’s PE clothes.  That may not seem like much to you all, but for a 13 year old, that’s huge.  2 billion locked, lol.

Teaser was beautiful and intriguing.  

• Like 8

Surprisingly dark teaser that gives nothing away. I watched this with coworkers at the pediatrician office I work at and while they were all excited about it (all have young children), the teaser had them so confused. Maybe it’s playing better with those who had lowered/no expectations, because it definitely wasn’t what I expected. Actually surprised it’s getting so much praise. Still think it’ll do great at the box office, but I’m not sure it’ll be better than Frozen, which I loved. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see the rest of the marketing. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Surprisingly dark teaser that gives nothing away. I watched this with coworkers at the pediatrician office I work at and while they were all excited about it (all have young children), the teaser had them so confused. Maybe it’s playing better with those who had lowered/no expectations, because it definitely wasn’t what I expected. Actually surprised it’s getting so much praise. Still think it’ll do great at the box office, but I’m not sure it’ll be better than Frozen, which I loved. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see the rest of the marketing. 

This was my initial response but I kind of find it good different in second watch and after that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Main Channel:

7,7M views on FB

4,2M views on YT

9,4M views on Twitter 

2,2M views on Instagram 

17 hours

Main channel:

12M views on FB

9,9M views on YT

13M views on Twitter 

2.9M views on Instagram 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

With the change in tone of Frozen, I hope this can kickstart the notion that animated movies are NOT solely made for kids’ entertainement. Animated films are of GENRE THAT IS FOR EVERYONE

Yeah, uh, don't extend the tone of this teaser to the whole movie. 

This is still going to be a musical. It's still going to have humor and goofy moments. It's still primarily going to be aimed at girls. 

For the first film, they started off the marketing trying to play up the humor, and it wasn't until quite late that they leaned on what gave the film traction. This time around it seems like they want to lean into the adventure aspect as well as showing that Elsa will be onscreen more. 

They may not show much of the humor, but I expect something regarding the music. For a comparison, look at AoU (or really most MCU films). The trailers generally sold a lot of grim, serious action, but the film itself had a lot of jokes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Frozen 2 20 Hours Trailer views

You Tube: 22.5mn Approx (10.7mn main Channel while rest you can check here)

Twitter: 13.7mn main channel, rest would be around 3.5-4mn I guess, not sure. Total 17.5mn Approx.

Facebook: 25mn Approx (12.8mn main Channel)

Instagram: 6mn (3mn main channel)

Total: 67mn

Combined with everything else, 100mn touch and go. Not really that big.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Frozen 2 20 Hours Trailer views

You Tube: 22.5mn Approx (10.7mn main Channel while rest you can check here)

Twitter: 13.7mn main channel, rest would be around 3.5-4mn I guess, not sure. Total 17.5mn Approx.

Facebook: 25mn Approx (12.8mn main Channel)

Instagram: 6mn (3mn main channel)

Total: 67mn

Combined with everything else, 100mn touch and go. Not really that big.

It seems good for an animated film teaser. The record so far is Incredibles 2 with 113 million cumulative views after 24 hours. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

It seems good for an animated film teaser. The record so far is Incredibles 2 with 113 million cumulative views after 24 hours. 

Technically The Lion King is animated and made over twice that :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1