CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

20 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Yeah, uh, don't extend the tone of this teaser to the whole movie. 

This is still going to be a musical. It's still going to have humor and goofy moments. It's still primarily going to be aimed at girls. 

For the first film, they started off the marketing trying to play up the humor, and it wasn't until quite late that they leaned on what gave the film traction. This time around it seems like they want to lean into the adventure aspect as well as showing that Elsa will be onscreen more. 

They may not show much of the humor, but I expect something regarding the music. For a comparison, look at AoU (or really most MCU films). The trailers generally sold a lot of grim, serious action, but the film itself had a lot of jokes. 

They marketed Frozen as a slapstick comedy adventure at first cause they want to get the general basic audience largely for the movie to smash. Now, Frozen has built a lot of general audience will and fanbase and therefore they don’t need to resort to that thing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

It seems good for an animated film teaser. The record so far is Incredibles 2 with 113 million cumulative views after 24 hours. 

Ohh, then its cool. In my head I had Incredibles 2 at 136mn. However I was expecting 150 plus.

So Frozen 2 will end below Incredibles 2.:Venom:

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Ohh, then its cool. In my head I had Incredibles 2 at 136mn. However I was expecting 150 plus.

So Frozen 2 will end below Incredibles 2.:Venom:

well i dont think trailer views matter that much  anymore also well domestic incredibles 2 made 600 million so.One question just for comparison do  you have any idea toy story 4 teaser views in 24 hours ?

• Like 1

Seems like a no brainer that the trailer will be attached to Captain Marvel. Been a while since I've seen Frozen but I do recall it doing a good job with balancing the humour and some of the more dramatic scenes especially towards the end with Anna. 

Frozen II will naturally end with Frozone coming to Elsa to talk to her about the Disney Princess Initiative. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I've never seen @IronJimbo look forward to a Disney film (other than a certain couple of sequels)

I'm not a fan of live-action remakes which are always worse than the originals, not a fan of new Star Wars (TFA onwards) and not a fan of Marvel.

Shame that's most of their new releases.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Disney is playing up adventure aspect because they want the film to appeal to be boys as well. I was here when Frozen was released and a lot of people were worried it would be too girly. Obviously that didn't matter too much as it was still a massive success but even since it's release it's become a phenomenon among young girls. Disney is primarily about their money and they want boys in the theatre to see it too. That's why they are downplaying the princessy aspect and playing up the adventure film aspect.  I don't think that necessarily reflect exactly the content of the whole movie. 

I mean, that was initially the whole reason for their one word titles. Instead of "Rapunzel" they called it "Tangled" Instead of "The Snow Queen" They name it "Frozen" All because of the male demographic. 

The first Tangled trailer barely had Rapunzel's character in it. 

Even the first Frozen trailers focused on the Olaf and Sven characters. Disney probably realizes that people are tired of their stupid marketing of Olaf and also realize their audience is a little older so instead of focusing on slapstick they went with playing up the adventure components of the film. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Frozen 2 20 Hours Trailer views

You Tube: 22.5mn Approx (10.7mn main Channel while rest you can check here)

Twitter: 13.7mn main channel, rest would be around 3.5-4mn I guess, not sure. Total 17.5mn Approx.

Facebook: 25mn Approx (12.8mn main Channel)

Instagram: 6mn (3mn main channel)

Total: 67mn

Combined with everything else, 100mn touch and go. Not really that big.

As good as the teaser was I guess I"m not surprised.  The main audience of this are not the type that hangs out on youtube/reddit waiting for trailers to drop and running out to watch them.

I'm guessing it'll be big on twitter and facebook but views will grow slower then the typical CBM trailers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KP1025 said:

It seems good for an animated film teaser. The record so far is Incredibles 2 with 113 million cumulative views after 24 hours. 

User comments from YT official disney/pixar channels, teaser trailers:

Incredibles 2: 43.000 in one year and counting

Frozen 2: 55.000 in one day........

The Lion king (2019): 120.000 in two months

Edited by edroger3
  • Like 5

Re: Frozen 1's marketing

This was the trailer that got me hooked

It was like X-Men but with a "flawed" Disney princess and a catchy hit song

That is such a 4 quad appeal, not to mention superhero movies were booming at that time as well

But I guess merchandise so here have a cute snowman

• Like 3