CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Zero chance they make Elsa obviously gay.

The 1st movie dealt with Elsa being different because of her powers and how she and others dealt with it.

This allowed many different groups to identify with her . By making her gay you restrict that.

I don't see any reason why she needs any romantic interest. Her journey doesn't require it and it would be distracting. 

If they wanted to have fun with it you could tease it both ways... but not as part of the main theme

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AndyLL said:

I don't see any reason why she needs any romantic interest. Her journey doesn't require it and it would be distracting. 

well tbf neither of us knows what her arc is in this (beyond i guess the training her powers stuff the teaser shows). i'm not sure i know what is or isn't necessary for this movie i don't know the plot of.

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyways I still can't get over how good that first shot of Elsa standing on the beach next to the water looks. I legit thought I clicked on the wrong trailer and was looking at some live action footage. And unlike the first Cars 3 teaser which also had realistic looking first teaser I bet the Elsa footage is from the actual film. 

I was wondering what was up with Cars 3 when I saw it. I was disappointed it didn’t look as neat as the teaser!

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

well tbf neither of us knows what her arc is in this (beyond i guess the training her powers stuff the teaser shows). i'm not sure i know what is or isn't necessary for this movie i don't know the plot of.

I pretty clearly stated  what I thought the 1st movie meant to people and what that should mean in the future.  It was obvious it was my opinion.

If you want to wait until you know the plot of the movie is before speculating on it than good for you... but I don't understand the point of being in the thread before than.

"I" think that based on the 1st movie we can speculate on the 'arc' Elsa can follow that is consistent with her previous actions. 

"I" don't think Disney needs to follow their typical princess path and give Elsa a romantic interest... man or woman... they already went down that path with Anna.

• Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/frozen-2-trailer-sets-animation-record-views-24-hours-1186884

Disney's first teaser trailer for Frozen 2 was viewed 116.4 million times in its first 24 hours, the biggest number ever for an animated trailer.

Among animated films, Pixar and Disney's Incredibles 2 was the previous record-holder with 113.6 million viewers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

The unprecedented global launch of merchandise for three new Star Wars projects is being called Triple Force Friday, Frozen 2  (which just released a trailer this week) is getting an even more alliterative product launch called Frozen Fan Fest, also on October 4.

Much like Force Friday for Star Wars fans, Frozen Fan Fest will see retailers around the world rolling out Frozen 2 toys, apparel, fashion accessories, housewares, books and more for the first time. However, unlike Force Friday, it doesn’t sound like Frozen Fan Fest will begin at midnight. After all, most parents aren’t going to take their kids out to the stores late at night on Thursday just to spend money on Frozen 2 toys. But I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the retailers participating in Force Friday also put out Frozen 2 stuff on shelves at the same time.

Frozen Fan Fest will also include Disney releasing some new musical moments as well, so that could be the first day we get a taste of new songs from the soundtrack. It will only be the beginning of the huge lead-up to what Disney is hoping turns out to be one of their biggest animated sequels yet.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

Reading all these coments about how people will boycott the movie if they "make" Elsa gay is disgusting. They are usually followed by "I'm not homophobic but..." and seriously I don't know if people realize what they are saying, why no one complains about 99% of movies with straight relationships but they do when there is a possibility that one could be gay? Stupid. 

Seriously i highly doubt Disney will give Elsa a girlfriend, first of all because they will loose a lot of their audience (unfortunately) and second of all because they will not know how to handle it (Le Fou in BATB was a joke) . I would love Elsa to be gay, but if their original plan was to not give Elsa a romantic interest then go ahead and continue with that, you don't have to give her a girlfriend to please part of the audience. 

If Disney/Pixar wants to be the first one to have a lead animated LGBT character then plan a proper original movie and treat the character right from the beginning, who knows maybe the movie will do amazing business (I would for sure go watch it), we are seeing lately that if a movie has good diversity and representation and treats it with respect the numbers can be amazing. 

See, THIS I can get totally on board with as a $110% heterosexual male. This is what I'm talking about. Don't shoehorn the identity politics into pre-existing properties because it just reeks of an agenda and box-checking. If filmmakers really care about representation and having more characters of different genders/race/sexual orientation etc. populate mainstream entertainment and pop culture, then they should be creating NEW stories and NEW characters. Then they have their own story to tell!

And I'd gladly go see it. 

This is how you can properly address these issues. However, all most people want to do, including celebrities and others with the actual power to make a difference, is trash and bring down the current stories and characters that are already established and create narratives designed solely to set social media on fire. If you want change, make change. Make new characters and stories. Don't make headlines. You're not helping anything.

I loved the teaser. Got me SOOOO hyped. I wonder if that brown haired girl has "autumn" powers and maybe the villain.

I think this can make more domestically and worldwide over the last one. I think it has a realistic shot at 500M domestically and 1.4B worldwide. Many sequels dwindle domestically after but that's generally because they come out shortly after the first movie and fail to re-capture the audience. There's been a whole 6 year wait so pent up demand will be there and if it delivers something new like the trailer suggests I think it's possible.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Probably not 😅

It's unlikely, but certainly possible. The response to the trailer definitely shows that interest is still extremely strong. 

I think it stands a good chance of out grossing the original. It might even see a boost up to I2 levels, which is an extra 50%.

However, it needs to get an extra 50% globally in order to hit 2b. In some areas (like Japan) that might be an impossible ask. And also there are a few things to indicate that the exchange rates won't be in its favor. 

I'd say something in the 1.5b range is a better guess, right now. 

• Like 2