CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

1 hour ago, Natsu Lian said:

Hopefully Frozen II can close Walt Disney Animation Studios' Resurgence chapter in a mic-drop fashion. Although initially unsure, the teaser trailer, if its any sort of tonal compass, has me reeling with uncontrollable excitement and brings me back to the days when I first joined the forum (as CelestialFairyIX). What a treat it has been to witness Walt Disney Animation Studios emerge out of the darkness of the 2000s and into the forefront of animation reminiscent to their Renaissance period. Let us see how the beloved studio's Jennifer Lee era develops and evolves for it may only be the beginning of another stellar decade.

I think about the same thing.

With Ralph Breaks the Internet about to cross the $200 million mark within the next weekend or so, it’ll continue Walt Disney Animation’s impressive $200 million streak in the Revival era.

No doubt Frozen II will be massive and be a perfect bookend to an entire full Decade of box-office hits and new animated classics that fit right alongside the Disney movies from the 90’s Renaissance.

What a turn around from the 00’s when Disney was rumored (or even announced?) they were leaving the musical/fairytale animated business.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, ChipMunky said:

Does anyone have an explanation why twitter views just exploded over the last 1-2 years?

IMO, why open a new website/app when you can watch the trailer on the same site you are browsing on. People are getting smarter. Saying from personal experience.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:38 PM, salvador-232 said:

Latin America (probably/maybe) cuz exchange rates. Luckily for Frozen LA was a very small part of its BO. 

I could see it doing more than Frozen 1 in Brazil, for some reason its success was relative there..Since then Disney animated movies had several breakthroughs, even with a terrible ER it has a chance at doing more.

Apart from that I expect Asia to offset any fall in Japan.

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I could see it doing more than Frozen 1 in Brazil, for some reason its success was relative there..Since then Disney animated movies had several breakthroughs, even with a terrible ER it has a chance at doing more.

Apart from that I expect Asia to offset any fall in Japan.

Yeah, I could see that considering that Frozen isn't in the top 20 of animated movies in any latin american country, there's obviously a lot of room to grow. The problem is that the release date is very bad for Latam, trying to take advantage of holiday boosts that just doesn't exist here (Christmas, is in fact, the opposite of a boost). I guess we'll see, but I think Coco is the only animated movie that has done more than 100m USD without any Winter's Holiday boost on its run and that was a phenomenon that will not be replicated any time soon. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Yeah, I could see that considering that Frozen isn't in the top 20 of animated movies in any latin american country, there's obviously a lot of room to grow. The problem is that the release date is very bad for Latam, trying to take advantage of holiday boosts that just doesn't exist here (Christmas, is in fact, the opposite of a boost). I guess we'll see, but I think Coco is the only animated movie that has done more than 100m USD without any Winter's Holiday boost on its run and that was a phenomenon that will not be replicated any time soon. 

Believe in magic and be optimistic :D

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c73533a424c506f4d

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I find that I keep coming back to the teaser to rewatch it. I just get this instinct to do so. 

I think it's primarily the powah of that Vuelie remix, but still...

yeah, the music is on point.

Beck is back for the score right?

On 2/24/2019 at 11:16 PM, salvador-232 said:

I don't know about the numbers, maybe it wasn't so popular back in 2013, but now almost every girl love Elsa and Frozen, at least in Uruguay lol. I think Frozen 2 will be big

• Like 3