CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

9 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Honestly if they play their cards right over the coming months, the entire Top 6 DOM isn’t out of the question (EG, TLK, F2, SW9, CM, TS4). I think Pikachu has the best shot at ruining this, but 6/7 is still amazing. There’s a few others I can see grossing $300M+ (It 2, Joker, Shazam, Godzilla, SLOP2, Jumanji 2, SM2), but I can’t see any of them getting to $400M, so if TS4 pulls off that milestone, then 6/7 should be a given.

Sure, domestically Disney is the story of the year. But with monsters I meant both $700m DOM and $2b WW contenders. It sounds crazy but who knows...

Frozen is much more popular than expected in China, where many of the characters at Shanghai Disneyland are unfamiliar to visitors, but few people don't know ANNA ELSA.
Although the first one only got 48 million yuan in China, it was released during the Chinese New Year, when several Chinese films were released at the same time
Last year's Ralph Breaks the Internet and Incredibles2 made 39M and 51M respectively in China. They both took 20% to 30% of the seats on the first weekend, while Frozen only took 10% in 2014.

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

in chinese channels ? this is huge 

Yes,

If Endgame can release together and the United States, at least it can be obtained more than 400 m. But it is hard to now, the government has just announced on May 1st to 3rd May, there will be a holiday, Endgame in theaters on April 26, it would be fatal for Chinese films in their holiday. So big probability it will be around on May 10th, may be similar to IW in the end, 350M

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frozenheart1993 said:

I think the 600M DOM is too optimistic.

It is hard to say other countries, only China. Frozen 2 has far more previews than any previous animated film. The official channel of Weibo reached 5.6m, which is more than twice that of any animation announcement (toy story 4 Official trailer only has 0.56M)

So I think the heat in the US and Europe is far less than Incredibles 2. I personally think that F2's WW can be 1.2B and it is very lucky.

And OLAF's Japanese dubbing was caught because of drug abuse, F1's Blu-ray is not available in Japan, and it is a really bad influence on the sequel.

I kinda doubt it's going to drop WW from the first. 

2 hours ago, frozenheart1993 said:

Frozen is much more popular than expected in China, where many of the characters at Shanghai Disneyland are unfamiliar to visitors, but few people don't know ANNA ELSA.
Although the first one only got 48 million yuan in China, it was released during the Chinese New Year, when several Chinese films were released at the same time
Last year's Ralph Breaks the Internet and Incredibles2 made 39M and 51M respectively in China. They both took 20% to 30% of the seats on the first weekend, while Frozen only took 10% in 2014.

This is why. Any shortfall it might have elsewhere is going to be made up in the in increase in China (where it did have strong legs) and dom. 

1 hour ago, frozenheart1993 said:

The performance of the US, China and Japan ultimately determines what the Frozen2 can achieve. If it can achieve 800M in the three regions, it should not be difficult to break the record of the first part

F1 already made 700M on those countries ... 400M dom + 250M Japan + 50M China.

I don't think it's necessary F2 increase in those 3 markets in order to surpass F1 WW (1.27B). I think it's gonna increase everywhere os. Also dom and China (not so sure about Japan ... 250M is tooooo much)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frozenheart1993 said:

Yes,

If Endgame can release together and the United States, at least it can be obtained more than 400 m. But it is hard to now, the government has just announced on May 1st to 3rd May, there will be a holiday, Endgame in theaters on April 26, it would be fatal for Chinese films in their holiday. So big probability it will be around on May 10th, may be similar to IW in the end, 350M

Yes but Pikachu?

2 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

I kinda doubt it's going to drop WW from the first. 

This is why. Any shortfall it might have elsewhere is going to be made up in the in increase in China (where it did have strong legs) and dom

It depends on the quality. If there is the level of Zootopia and Moana, and a very popular theme song is added, 1.2b is not very difficult,

Compared to the global box office, I hope that F2 can win an Oscar.,this is my biggest wish this year. I  love her so much.

But this year is really difficult. I don't understand why Disney put Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 in the same year. I feel that the probability of winning Frozen2 is up to 20%.

Every time I think about this, I am very anxious. I really hope that Frozen can get more recognition

:sick::sick::sick:

Edited by frozenheart1993
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 11:39 PM, The Futurist said:

Frozen dom number is somewhat low compared  to how it is remembered.

That damn chord progression ...

The thing about Frozen is that the fanbase was completely looney tunes. It's not that it appealed to the widest audience, it just had the craziest, most rabid fans, some of whom went over and over. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The thing about Frozen is that the fanbase was completely looney tunes. It's not that it appealed to the widest audience, it just had the craziest, most rabid fans, some of whom went over and over. 

Is this the new version of "Frozen had bad WoM"?

A lot of people discovered this on home video (which was announced while it was still making good money at the BO).

• Like 2