CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This is 2019 not 1999.  I think the alleged backlash you suggest would matter not at all in the end when it came to the box office.

Eh, this country has had a way of disappointing me the last few years. I'm pretty sure Disney would still prefer to avoid the Fox News cycle. 

58 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Why do people want to shoehorn characters being gay into everything again?

You want a character to be gay, fine. But have it be an original character who's not already established from a previous movie and not shoehorn an orientation in to push a "representation" agenda when gay people are only 4% of the population when people want to push it and act like its 20%.

Like a character for their actual character, don't just say "I just like this character because they're gay for no reason".

So you agree then that 1/25 fictional characters should totally be gay and anything less than that is bullshit?

I can’t wait for the “will they make Elsa gay” discussion around Frozen III 🙄   

Spoiler

Seriously I would be surprised if they went for it in 2019, but much less in like, 2027 or whatever.     

Also I don’t like the “make” framing in the first place. It’s not like Elsa was clearly straight in Frozen 1, so it would be a reveal rather than a change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Why do people want to shoehorn characters being gay into everything again?

You want a character to be gay, fine. But have it be an original character who's not already established from a previous movie and not shoehorn an orientation in to push a "representation" agenda when gay people are only 4% of the population when people want to push it and act like its 20%.

Like a character for their actual character, don't just say "I just like this character because they're gay for no reason".

why are you so scared of gay people?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Also I don’t like the “make” framing in the first place. It’s not like Elsa was clearly straight in Frozen 1, so it would be a reveal rather than a change.

See, this is the tack the so-called backlash news cycle would take, IMO.

Being upset that a major character in a Disney Animated film is LGBTQ+ is pretty damn passe. Getting close to borderline unacceptable, perhaps.  Emphasis on 'perhaps'.

Being upset that Disney "caved" to folks wanting Elsa (or someone else) be "made" gay?  Oh yes.  Better believe that's the charge that would be attempted.  

I just don't think it'll stick in this particular case.  No more, no less. 

But, yes, I don't particularly like the "make" framing either, though I understand where it's coming from.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

why are you so scared of gay people?

I'm not scared of gay people.

However, I know people/relatives who think media is normalizing homosexuality as brainwashing to confuse people and if they insert that in Frozen I'd never hear the end of it.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Protip: If you want to be taken seriously don't use the "some of my best friends" line

I don't get why pointing that out is a problem. I'm afraid of spiders, so I wouldn't go anywhere near them. Not the case with people.

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

However, I know people/relatives who think media is normalizing homosexuality as brainwashing to confuse people and if they insert that in Frozen I'd never hear the end of it.

You know they have other methods 

• Like 1