CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Not bullish on TLK? Gonna be tight between TROS and Frozen II but I think Frozen II has a big enough advantage OS to be bigger (fingers crossed it does good numbers in China).

Yeah .. Frozen II has OS advantage Especially in asian markets (China/Japan)

TROS & TLK both have domestic edge ...

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

so...where's the girlfriend? :ph34r: isn't that the main selling point?

the trailer looks visually stunning but lacks charm. hopefully they have a power song up their sleeve.

I think they know people are already sold on these characters. The target audience already has their tickets it's now about getting the slightly older demo (particularly male) who might have outgrown the first one.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think they know people are already sold on these characters. The target audience already has their tickets it's now about getting the slightly older demo (particularly male) who might have outgrown the first one.

Good point! :)

I think they want to target the male audience.... instead of just almost female

Superhero vibe

Game of throne vibe..

Mysterious, dark, serious,....

The good thing is that they dont reveal the plot in the trailer yet. This is the right way in my op. I dont like the trailer showing the entire plot

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I think they want to target the male audience.... instead of just almost female

Superhero vibe

Game of throne vibe..

Mysterious, dark, serious,....

I'm male and I'm already interested with Anna and Elsa. No need to add other elements to attract male when you have 2 beautiful leads. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Not bullish on TLK? Gonna be tight between TROS and Frozen II but I think Frozen II has a big enough advantage OS to be bigger (fingers crossed it does good numbers in China).

You just caught me walking out the door; but, I know the threads move fast, so we might be on something else when I can get this the proper response. In short,

This has nothing to do with The Lion King.  Fall this year looks like a drought; and it will have been eight months since Captain Marvel — with little to nothing for the girl market in between. (It is one of the reasons I think Maleficent will do respectable numbers.) 

Combine that with highly anticipated sequel, and you have a recipe for printing money.