CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

38 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Were there even legitimately dark-skinned people in Norway at the time? Or is this just Disney trying to shove multiculturalism where it doesn't belong?

Few months ago you were complaining about Elsa potentially having a girlfriend as being shoehorned in and now you're complaining about having a dark-skinned character as being shoehorned in (for a movie that's a fairy tale and not some historical drama)?

Image result for you're delightful gif

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Few months ago you were complaining about Elsa potentially having a girlfriend as being shoehorned in and now you're complaining about having a dark-skinned character as being shoehorned in (for a movie that's a fairy tale and not some historical drama)?

Image result for you're delightful gif

To be honest, I personally don't have much of a problem with either. However, a few of my family members definitely have issue with it and I don't want them ranting about it while we're watching the movie (as some are prone to doing), and I don't want my experience of the film to potentially be ruined by them talking about "brainwashing people to be gay/have interracial marriages" all through it. I was really asking so I could give them a valid explanation.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

34 minutes ago, cookie said:

I mean... we know next to nothing about Brown's character. He could be from a whole other kingdom as far as we know.

That's what I'm thinking to be honest, or maybe he's a new staff hired by the kingdom.

Hoping he doesn't turn out evil like Hans, he seems nice and the "twist villain" plot is really getting old now.

4 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

To be honest, I personally don't have much of a problem with either. However, a few of my family members definitely have issue with it and I don't want them ranting about it while we're watching the movie (as some are prone to doing), and I don't want my experience of the film to potentially be ruined by them talking about "brainwashing people to be gay/have interracial marriages" all through it. I was really asking so I could give them a valid explanation.

Let them know there have been multiple gay monarchs before.  Reportedly, at one moment in time the King of England, The King of France and The Pope - all gay.

And black people in European & Nordic lands who have interracial married. For example - General Abraham Petrovitch Gannibal -  (Russia's greatest poet) Alexander Pushkin's great grandfather

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

Abram Petrovich[a] Gannibal, also Hannibal or Ganibal, or Abram Hannibal or Abram Petrov (Russian: Абра́м Петро́вич Ганниба́л; 1696 – 14 May 1781[1]), was a Russian military engineer, general, and nobleman of African origin. Kidnapped as a child, Gannibal was taken to Russia and presented as a gift to Peter the Great, where he was freed, adopted and raised in the Emperor's court household as his godson.[2]

Gannibal eventually rose to become a prominent member of the imperial court in the reign of Peter's daughter Elizabeth. He had 11 children, most of whom became members of the Russian nobility; he was a great-grandfather of the author and poet Alexander Pushkin.[3]

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I held back from saying what I want to, so I don’t get banned. 

Perhaps it’s better for you to use Google more often and BOT a bit less.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Then don't watch it with them. Disney is inclusive. It's not made for bigots

• Like 7

14 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I do agree most of the time, but Google wasn't giving me a lot of results tbh so I figured I'd ask here in case there were some Nordic history buffs.

14 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Let them know there have been multiple gay monarchs before.  Reportedly, at one moment in time the King of England, The King of France and The Pope - all gay.

And black people in European & Nordic lands who have interracial married. For example - General Abraham Petrovitch Gannibal -  (Russia's greatest poet) Alexander Pushkin's great grandfather

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

Cool, learned something new today! Thanks so much for the info and hopefully that will calm some people down. Also that guy has a crazy awesome name, just saying.

13 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Then don't watch it with them. Disney is inclusive. It's not made for bigots

I suppose that's true. It is nice for people to have characters they identify with after all.

On another note, is there any idea of when the next main trailer is coming out? I'm hyped for more news! Also do you think they'll release the full clip of Into the Unknown before the film's release, similar to how they did with Let It Go? ItU seems to be the movie's big song by the sound of it.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

14 minutes ago, Snowman said:

It's weird that some people still talking about gay and other stuff as if it isn't normal. At least are the new generation a bit more open minded.

Whenever I see people say "being gay is a choice", I think "Okay, let's see you change your orientation from straight to gay and back right now."

I think most of the time (if not all), religion is the driving force behind that opinion.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, VenomXXR said:

Pretty sad that we've reached a point where you have to be concerned about getting banned from a forum for expressing opinions that differ from the current socially acceptable norms.

• Thanks 2

We'll assume Frozen 2's trailer views will be 75M by time of release. It gained 5M~ this week, so 10M more is plausible.

•The Lion King's teaser views by its time of release: 57M~

-The Lion King's projected total: $1.65B

-Box office/views ratio: 28.4×

-Frozen 2's adjusted gross: 2,133M

•Ralph Breaks the Internet's trailer views by its time of release: 17M~

-Ralph Breaks the Internet's box office: $529,323,962

-Box office/views ratio: 31.1×

-Frozen 2's adjusted gross: 2,332.5M

•Aladdin's trailer views by its time of release: 42M~

-Ralph Breaks the Internet's projected box office: $1.05B

Edit: Aladdin*

-Box office/views ratio: 25×