CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

On 9/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, StarWarsMemer said:

We'll assume Frozen 2's trailer views will be 75M by time of release. It gained 5M~ this week, so 10M more is plausible.

Based on how quickly it's racking up views, 75M seems like a conservative estimate. The only thing that may keep it below 75M would be the release of the next F2 trailer.

I hadn't been keeping up with the trailer views but it's really exploded in the last few weeks. It's almost caught TLK teaser in views (and will pass it) but is quite a bit behind in 'likes' (828k vs 1.3m) which is interesting for other reasons. 

I wonder why the sudden jump in views. 

On 9/8/2019 at 1:33 AM, OffTheHizzle said:

Based on how quickly it's racking up views, 75M seems like a conservative estimate. The only thing that may keep it below 75M would be the release of the next F2 trailer.

Dang this is already at 77M+ views just over a week later. Only behind the Incredibles 2 trailers (teaser is at 88M views, official trailer is at 96M) and those two have accumulate well over a year's worth of trailer views. Currently eagerly waiting for the next trailer for this though.

I don't want to use trailer views as a metric for box office prediction (looks at Coco), but we're definitely in for a monster run here that should comfortably pass the original's gross instead of limping past it like Ralph Breaks the Internet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Huh didn't know this one was gonna be released on the 28th of November in Australia. Usually would have to wait until Boxing Day (26th of December) for the Disney Animation movies to be released.

I noticed the same for us as well which I figured was to prevent this and TRoS from cannibalising each other. It's a nice surprise though, it was always a bummer having to wait an extra month for them in previous years.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if this is going to be as big a hit as the first one. There's some serious competition for the family audience this holiday season (Star Wars IX, Jumanji 2, Cats, Spies in Disguise). I'm sure this'll have a really big initial rush among the built-in fan-base, but, I don't know guys, I think there was a palpable lightning-in-a-bottle aspect to the success of the first Frozen. We'll see what happens here, but I'm being cautionary and saying there might be a limit to how big this can get. Toy Story 4 might be a good comparison in the long run.