CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

7 hours ago, expensiveho said:

I might be wrong but the OW will be a bit deflated by the calendar configuration. 

Out of its first 10 days, 3 will be OW (+previews), a regular monday, discount Tuesday (keeps getting bigger, especially for animated movies), Wednesday+Thursday boosted by Thanksgiving holiday/kids out of school and the second weekend (holiday).

So with the exception of Monday (which depending on how big the OW is, it could itself be boosted by spillover effect) all the other days will be big. People might not rush to see it on OW, but who knows, it's Frozen after all. 

This is LEGIT thee one thing scaring me from the November 3 Day OW record going down. This Scenario is way way too likely considering it is a female skewing kids movie. 

Unless the soundtrack is horrendously spoiler (Which it could totally be), Why is it coming out so late. BUT Disney does that a lot.

Ok, I just want the full version of "Into The Unknown", we know it's not that spoilery, just release it as a single!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Unless the soundtrack is horrendously spoiler (Which it could totally be), Why is it coming out so late. BUT Disney does that a lot.

Ok, I just want the full version of "Into The Unknown", we know it's not that spoilery, just release it as a single!

Demi Lovato's version of Let It Go came out on October 21, and Alessia Cara's version of How Far I'll Go came out on October 28, so I think we'll be seeing the Panic! at the Disco version of Into the Unknown sometime in the next two weeks, possibly even next week given how much of the song we've already heard.

The soundtrack is still 5 days away from the release, which is closer than:

Tangled - November 16 (8 days before release)

Beauty and the Beast - March 10 (7 days before release)

Coco - November 10 (12 days before release, 14 days after Mexico release)

Mary Poppins Returns - December 7 (12 days before release)

The Lion King - July 11 (8 days before release)

But still not as close as:

Winnie the Pooh - July 12 (3 days before release)

Frozen - November 25 (2 days before wide release, 3 days after limited release)

Moana - November 19 (4 days before release)

Aladdin - May 22 (2 days before release)

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

This is LEGIT thee one thing scaring me from the November 3 Day OW record going down. This Scenario is way way too likely considering it is a female skewing kids movie. 

Yes and no - there is also some legitimate forgetting about how family and female pics skew Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving day will be a big downer % wise followed by a huge Friday % increase. Tuesday will be huge and Wednesday theoretically won't fall as much, but its also one of the heaviest travel days of the year (same with Saturday / Sunday) which is partially why the daily grosses are always skewed.

But again, Catching Fire - also a huge female skewing film (as were the other previous November record and 100m+ holders) didn't stop them from hitting those marks. Caveat being kid friendly makes a big difference, but again if your expectation is 155m+ then you are already expecting the best case which logically isn't likely.

I just dread what happens when the film plays normally ala Toy Story 4 and a whole bunch of fanatics here are grousing because it didn't meet "larger than necessary" expectations.

i'm predicting same numbers, but 110M OW.  the summer game says international keeps sinking, but we need a strong sharp international analysis to bug the world with

Domestic (31.4%)
$400,738,009
International (68.6%)
$873,481,000
Worldwide
$1,274,219,009
Edited by belligerent talking robot