CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

14 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Frozen is social engineering we used to see in fascist communist regimes back in the 20th century.

They don't even hide it and are proud of it.

Shameless.

Problem :

social engineering only works for a limited time period.

Your shtick has really gotten old...….

• Like 7

Folks in my circles of family and friends are all gearing up for this. Everyone and their children, grandparents, friends etc. are all going this weekend (Being in Canada there's nothing special about next week so everyone north of the 49th is likely seeing it this weekend rather than spread out throughout the weekend and next week). One family I know is even dragging the babysitter along!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

How wide will the theater count on Frozen 2, be in order to get a huge November-OW record?

Since so far this year, we had 3 movies (AE, SM:FFH & TLK) that has recordbreaking theater counts from over 4,600-4,800+.

Frozen 2 has a theatre count of 4,300+. Taking that lower bound, Frozen 2 would require a PTA of approximately $36,761 to get the November OW record.

Onto Big Hero 6

Kinda like Ralph Breaks the Internet it has a great core of a movie with Hiro and Baymax's relationship while sure being a play on the whole "robot and kid" trope is done in a fresh enough way (thanks to Baymax's great characterisation) to make it compelling to watch. I think the main problem is that the main plot and villain is so generic and uninteresting that it makes a seemingly very cool concept (science nerds using their knowledge and skills to create inventive stuff) be a bit standard to your normal superhero film. Still though it looks certainly fantastic (first time they use the rendering system Hyperion) and the ending when Baymax says goodbye is genuinely heartbreaking. Probably the worst use of the twist villain in terms of how obvious it was.

• Like 1

It opened here today in the Philippines and just watched it and I love it!

And yeah I agree SHOW YOURSELF is indeed THE song! I had the same goosebumps when I first watched Let It Go with that scene, it was so powerful and emotional.

Although it makes total sense why INTO THE UNKNOWN was the one they made as the signature song as the song's essence is present all throughout and the ah ah part is so catchy 😅

LOST IN THE WOODS is a scenestealer, such a fun musical number! Now I understand why they had to remove Get It Right because it will be hard to include that with the story's flow. I wished they produced the animated scene though and we could still it eventually see it.

However, I do get why it didn't get super rave reviews, the mythology was a bit muddled at first but the third act wraps everything so strong. Overall, happy to see they had the story to warrant a sequel. 

Edited by forg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Just saw it! And I LOVED it!! It's more epic than the first, and more action-packed. And yeah, it's a little bit darker, but somehow a little bit funnier to me. I felt like It's this close to breaking the 4th wall. I will say that I still like the 1st one better, because the story is more focused and it has more surprising twist.

IMO, the musical numbers were more powerful than those in the first movie. I cried hard during "The Next Best Thing" and the scene before that. "Show Yourself" was sooo epic! It's definitely the "Let It Go" of this movie. "Into the Unkown" was visually dazzling. And I get why it's the main song. It's simply very catchy and fun to sing along.

Can't wait to see it again on Saturday! Already have the tickets for IMAX.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1