CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

Knew it, this is their Age of Ultron, Fallen Kingdom, Last Jedi, etc.

Story was so weird and boring, the conflict and premise were so vague and frankly unnecessary

Spoiler

there's not even a real antagonist

it only felt interesting when the grandfather was revealed to be evil and hated magic and Elsa was speaking up to his ice ghost

Most of the plot developments and character choices felt so forced and again, unnecessary

The likable characters, some good/okay songs and fan service/references to the first film are the only saving grace of this

I'm not even excited about the idea of a Frozen 3 at this point, don't want them to ruin my favorite WDAS franchise any further

Olaf's Frozen Adventure was better

deadass

• Like 4

Just saw it with 12-year old daughter who pronounced it “straight trash”. She’s a little old for the target demographic, but she loved the first one and I’m not encouraged for it’s legs.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

I don't know, all I care about are the visuals and some nice music. That's why I saw the first one a couple of times, didn't care about anything else. I'm not a teen lesbian, so for me Let It Go was just a nice song.

So, the first one being borderline boring or at least pretty average as a story - I don't see how the second could be much worse.

Will see it tonight - too much work. I always go to the late night IMAX showings, but this time they deemed this too childish, so the last showing is at 20:15 (08:15 P.M.) - and I still work at this time in the weekend.

Edited by shayhiri

I just watched Frozen 2 last night and it was a dream come truee. I saw it at 9.30 PM on IMAX and it was 60% full so I would say Frozen is really popular here and now gunning for top grossing animated movie.

The first part is a bit messy. The transition between scenes isn't smooth enough and for me personally , I think they show of what would be the conflict in this movie too fast. I'm a bit surprised. But the songs and the feeling of "it's good to be back with this character" save it.

The second and third part is magical , haunting and charming. The songs are top notch and that 'Show Yourself' scene tho 🤤🤤😍😍 ( a new let it go for me ). Olaf same as always just being olaf and Kristoff gets 1 scene stealer. Anna and Elsa once again become the Disney Princesses of this decade if not all time. They're so pretty tho 😘😘😍😍.

All in All , I found the plot to be messy and makes no sense so I wasn't too surprised when this got worse reviews that the first but who cares!!? I watch it cause I love this world , this character , their interaction and the songs. And I believe I'm not the only one. Also the animations are gorgeous and the songs are catchy just like the first. 

A+ from me. now preparing for the second and hopefully third viewing. Finally , here I am waiting and making promise that I'll be there for Frozen 3 , 4 , 5 and so on.

For Frozen , Arandelle and My Childhood.

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wrath said:

Just saw it with 12-year old daughter who pronounced it “straight trash”. She’s a little old for the target demographic, but she loved the first one and I’m not encouraged for it’s legs.

Not surprised. At that age she's just entering that phase when it would be hip to say something like that. Not saying she genuinely didnt like it - what would I know in that regard? - but I feel like that's an amusingly hyperbolic, yet typical pre-teen/teen thing to say about this of all movies.

It's like my Star Wars obsessed kid stepbrother. This year out of the blue he hates all things Star Wars and totally mute about it. I'm like, yeah, sure kid. Wait until you're old enough that the kids at school aren't telling you how to think. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wrath said:

A little too old for the target demographic? She's a kid. 

Well, Wrath's 12 year old daughter's opinion outweighs the vast majority of other opinions...bad legs incoming.

3 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I checked the news sites. I didn't see any news of any attacks. Is this a troll post, or did something happen?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/birmingham-star-city-attack-machete-arrest-cinema-police-evacuation-a9215511.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#Echobox=1574588505

Saw it, and, well yeah, it was boring.

But beautiful.

But boring. No way this has great legs, let alone the legs of the first one. The Shay should have gone with his Frozen2 UNDER Frozen club...

Will still see it two or three times - but only because of the scenery and the gags. Some of the songs are good - but even they are butchered for me, because of the idiots that dub every single animation in Bulgaria (and you can't get a subbed version).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Saw it, and, well yeah, it was boring.

But beautiful.

But boring. No way this has great legs, let alone the legs of the first one. The Shay should have gone with his Frozen2 UNDER Frozen club...

Will still see it two or three times - but only because of the scenery and the gags. Some of the songs are good - but even they are butchered for me, because of the idiots that dub every single animation in Bulgaria (and you can't get a subbed version).

500+M guaranteed now

• Haha 1