BK007

Most beautiful CGI animated films

Tangled. One of the most beautiful animated films EVER. The soft detail works, while the 3D/CGI looks makes it eye-popping. Don't even start on the highly gorgeous, glorious lantern scene. Everything is magic. Frozen can't even hold a candle to it tbh.

Monsters University and Cars are highly excellent for the rigorous amount of detail they both contain.

Rise of the Guardians is also glorious like Tangled. The color palletes, the details, the entire look. It's perfection tbh. It's just terrible how it flopped.

• Like 1

Idk, Finding Nemo I guess when you consider it was animated in the early 2000's and included water, which is probably the hardest thing to animate, plus hundreds of sea creatures and plants, and then also Sydney. Yeah the humans were pretty plain jane, but the rest of the movie had immense detail that was ahead of its time.

Weve had some other great ones though, but I think weve reached a peak. If we get anymore advanced the characters will start to look uncanny and scary. Obviously these movies should include more detail with buildings and plants and cities and land, but please leave the humans how they are...

Edited by 21 Jandrew

Tangled. One of the most beautiful animated films EVER. The soft detail works, while the 3D/CGI looks makes it eye-popping. Don't even start on the highly gorgeous, glorious lantern scene. Everything is magic. Frozen can't even hold a candle to it tbh.

Rise of the Guardians is also glorious like Tangled. The color palletes, the details, the entire look. It's perfection tbh. It's just terrible how it flopped.

I agree about Tangled. While Frozen looked great and the snow was impressive, Tangled was just on another level, especially in terms of character animation.

Rise of the Guardians looked great, but the poorly animated children really brought it down, I feel. Everything about them, from their designs, movement/animation, and the level of detail paled in comparison with the Guardians and the other fantasy/mythical characters.

One movie that I think has great CGI is Cars 2. 

I think it is one of the most beautiful looking animated films. 

If only the movie as a whole was as good as the animation was.  :lol:

I hated that movie so much I don't even remember what the animation looked like :P

Tangled imo is most beautiful CGI animated film.. just that floating lantern scene alone.

other truly beautifully animated films would be Frozen, HTTYD 1 & 2, Legend of the Guardians (even though the movie was so-so).

Lego Movie, Kung Fu Panda 2, Shrek, Ratatouille, The Incredibles. Prince of Egypt is one of the Most beautiful animated films I've seen, it's 2D, but it has a lot of 3D visuals in it.

Why has only one person mentioned Shrek?!

The animation and detail on the characters is fantastic, especially considering how old the film is, and some of the environments are really beautiful and well designed, with some incredible attention to detail (particularly in Shrek 2).

movies_donkey_1.jpg

54948b58d8586b9c7ee00201ada8d406.png

I agree about How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2.

Legend of the Guardians is absolutely stunning as well, but really, there's only one winner in my mind:

the-lego-movie02.jpg

It's easily the most impressive animation I've seen. It mirrors the real toy immaculately, and has lovely free-flowing environments. I look at images of the film and simply cannot believe that they managed to do it. It's astonishing work.

• Like 1

Why has only one person mentioned Shrek?!

The animation and detail on the characters is fantastic, especially considering how old the film is, and some of the environments are really beautiful and well designed, with some incredible attention to detail (particularly in Shrek 2).

movies_donkey_1.jpg

54948b58d8586b9c7ee00201ada8d406.png

I agree about How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2.

Legend of the Guardians is absolutely stunning as well, but really, there's only one winner in my mind:

the-lego-movie02.jpg

It's easily the most impressive animation I've seen. It mirrors the real toy immaculately, and has lovely free-flowing environments. I look at images of the film and simply cannot believe that they managed to do it. It's astonishing work.

I remember when I first saw Shrek it was easily the most beautiful CGI animated film I'd seen at the time. and the detail in the animation in Lego movie is insane

Edited by Kalo