wileECoyote

Monday 8/11 Numbers RTH TMNT 6.8 GotG 5.4

Pretty poor drop for Turtles to be honest

TMNT's drop is slightly higher than what I would have predicted but Sat/Sun holds show it's going to have very good legs. Right now I'm thinking 65/170M but 180M+ wouldn't shock me either as it really has no competition for rest of it's run.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Curious to see who will be on top Tuesday as Guardians should increase and Turtles could have a small decrease

It's not going to decrease. The later you get into August, the bigger the drops are on Monday and the bigger the increase on Tuesday.  My guess is it will increase by about 10-12%.  

• Like 1

Pretty poor drop for Turtles to be honest

It's not too bad considering the fast start for TMNT.  It's steeper than Planes and Smurfs from last year but they had nowhere the same weekend as TMNT.

I'd just wait and see how the week turns up.

• Like 3

About what I expected from Guardians. This is roughly what I expect the week to look like -

Mon - $5.4 (-58%)

Tue - $6.4 (+18%)

Wed - $4.7 (-27%)

Thurs -  $4.1 (-12%)

Fri - $7.3 (+78%)

Sat - $10.2 (+40%)

Sun - $6.9 (-32%)

$221 million total by next Sunday. 

• Like 1

It's not too bad considering the fast start for TMNT.  It's steeper than Planes and Smurfs from last year but they had nowhere the same weekend as TMNT.

I'd just wait and see how the week turns up.

Like I said earlier It's slightly steeper but Sat/Sun holds show it's going to have strong run. It really has no direct competition for a while so 2.75-3 multiplier wouldn't shock me. 

It's not going to decrease. The later you get into August, the bigger the drops are on Monday and the bigger the increase on Tuesday.  My guess is it will increase by about 10-12%.  

Noticeable differences don't come until after the third weekend of August, if the last four years are to go by. So I'am not convinced yet. I think it will stay flat

Does anyone know if schools started earlier this year?

Edited by eXtacy

About what I expected from Guardians. This is roughly what I expect the week to look like -

Mon - $5.4 (-58%)

Tue - $6.4 (+18%)

Wed - $4.7 (-27%)

Thurs -  $4.1 (-12%)

Fri - $7.3 (+78%)

Sat - $10.2 (+40%)

Sun - $6.9 (-32%)

I think Thursday drop will be in single digits but I agree with your increases/decreases.  

• Like 3

I agree I dont think the new openers will have a huge impact on Thursday showings

I counted Expendables III for Tues/Wednesday. That's why I think Guardians will miss a 20% + Tuesday bump and drop a bit more on Wed. 

EDIT:: Nevermind had my dates mixed up. For some reason I thought Ex.3 was coming out on Wednesday.  :blink:

Edited by Mango

Mon - $5.4 (-58%)

Tue - $6.4 (+18%)

Wed - $4.7 (-27%)

Thurs -  $4.1 (-12%)

Fri - $7.3 (+78%)

Sat - $10.2 (+40%)

Sun - $6.9 (-32%)

Which will make 270 M a lock.

• Like 1