Johnny Wiseau

films you love but everyone else hates

Bee Movie

The Phantom Menace

The Hobbit: DoS (couldn't standthe first one though)

Transformers 1 and 3 (two of the greatest films of all time in my mind)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secretes

Madagascar

ect.

I'm now watching the Chicago fight in TF3. It's probably one of the most nicely done and awesome spectacle scenes ever. I can't really find an equivalent to it, not even the megadistruction in MOS. The way it's filmed is just incredible. 

• Like 2

I'm now watching the Chicago fight in TF3. It's probably one of the most nicely done and awesome spectacle scenes ever. I can't really find an equivalent to it, not even the megadistruction in MOS. The way it's filmed is just incredible. 

Hell yeah, great action scene. Thoough I do perfer Transformers 1 to 3 because everything just felt fresher. Both would be in my top ten alltime. 

Hell I'm going to say it. Transformers is my favorite movie ever. Nothing can replicate the giddy, feeling i got watching it as a chile, that I still get today. Top nothch characters, emotionaly striking, great action, incredibly quoteable, ect. For me Transformers is the perfect movie

<3 Shia <3

Edited by Augustus Waters
  • Like 1

Not even Avengers could top that. The Chicago scene in 'TF3' and the destruction of California in '2012' are the 2 best action/destruction scenes in cinema thus far imo. No-one can compete with Emmerich and Bay for destruction, no-one.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Twilight

Transformers

I realize not everyone hates these movies, but the internet does.

Twilight & Eclipse are actually good

the rest..not so much but yeah the Twilight Saga is definetely not as bad as what the GA claims them to be

Edited by Johnny Wiseau

Drop Dead Fred. It feels like everyone hates this movie except for my parents and me. We rented it when I was a kid, blissfully unaware of how it was a critical and commercial dud, and we loved it. Quoting it still causes my mom to crack up - absolutely serious. If I say "And then we'll POO her all over the table!" she'll just lose it. Every time.Oh, and that film was also my introduction to Rik Mayall. 13-year-old me was right pissed when he was cut from Harry Potter, and his scenes didn't show up among the deleted scenes on the DVD (or any of the later DVD/Blu-Ray releases). I thought he was going to be a perfect fit for Peeves, based solely on his performance in Drop Dead Fred. But I digress...

Edited by TServo2049

I was going to bring that up also! My folks LOVE Joe Versus the Volcano.I chose not to list it because I haven't seen it as many times as they have. But I do enjoy it, no question - can't figure out all the hate. Roger Ebert has had plenty of opinions I disagree with, but his praise for this movie was spot on.

Edited by TServo2049

"Everyone else hates" would imply less than 5 on IMDb. And "love" is a strong word, which would place the film in my admittedly long list of favorites, I'd say. I don't think films that are critically panned qualify since many films critics hate are crowd pleasers.

I like a lot of films that most people don't like(The FF films, I Spy, The Shadow, Spawn, etc). But I can't think of any under 5 on IMDb that I "love".

Joe Versus the Volcano. An obscure Tom Hanks comedy from the late 80s that was one of the first movies I remember seeing as a kid. 

That's borderline, I don't think most people "hate" that film. It's only 5.6/10 on IMDb, but the "hate index"(1 votes) is only 4%.

Definitely Transformers.

Transformers 1 is in my top 10 favourite movies ever.

This is not a film hated by most. If you had said the second one maybe, but even then I'd disagree.

Twilight

Transformers

I realize not everyone hates these movies, but the internet does.

Twilight qualifies, but really only on gender(and maybe age) lines. You being a 40ish male definitely buck the trend so this is a good one.

The Happening, but only as a comedy :D

:rofl:

• Like 1