Alpha

Early Thurs. Numbers (Rth) TMNT/GOTG 4.2m, LBC 3.1m

Nope. It won't. Face it, the jumps will be bigger today for Turtles than they will for GOTG. It will have a much bigger Saturday too.

Be prepared to be wrong again, like you have been this entire week. Guardians has been holding better than Turtles each day, there's no reason for it to stop now.What's also funny is earlier this year the most common predictions for the top comic book movies were1.Spidey 22.X-Men: DOFP3.Cap 24.GotgAnd it's going to be the exact opposite now.
  • Like 1

Be prepared to be wrong again, like you have been this entire week. Guardians has been holding better than Turtles each day, there's no reason for it to stop now.What's also funny is earlier this year the most common predictions for the top comic book movies were1.Spidey 22.X-Men: DOFP3.Cap 24.GotgAnd it's going to be the exact opposite now.

I actually agree with Baumer that Turtles will get better jump than GOTG on Friday. I see 80% for TMNT and GOTG around 70%. 

• Like 3

How have I been wrong about anything this week or about Turtles for that matter?  I am wrong about plenty of things, no doubt.  But what did do wrong this week?  And my prediction about Spidey was bang on this year, as was my prediction about X-men and Apes.  Didn't make one that i can recall for Cap and GotG i bombed on no doubt.

How have I been wrong about anything this week or about Turtles for that matter? I am wrong about plenty of things, no doubt. But what did do wrong this week? And my prediction about Spidey was bang on this year, as was my prediction about X-men and Apes. Didn't make one that i can recall for Cap and GotG i bombed on no doubt.

That wasn't aimed towards you. (The comic book movie part)But you have continually overestimated turtles this week, just like you said there wouldn't be a chance for Guardians to catch Turtles and well it just kind of did today.

ASM:

Baumer - $236M

The Panda - $225M

DOFP:

Baumer - $239M

The Panda - $215M

Apes:

Baumer - $236M

The Panda - $220M

GOTG:

The Panda - $170M

baumer:  140

So we are not too far apart in our predictions.

That wasn't aimed towards you. (The comic book movie part)But you have continually overestimated turtles this week, just like you said there wouldn't be a chance for Guardians to catch Turtles and well it just kind of did today.

I did not overestimate Turtles at all this week.  Sorry dude, not sure what you are talking about.  The only predictions I made this week, actually came pretty close.  I said Turtles would go up by 10-12% on Tuesday and fall 27-30% on Weds.  

And you can go back to the Monday thread for proof.  Where are your predictions for Turtles this week?

Edited by baumer

ASM:

Baumer - $236M

The Panda - $225M

DOFP:

Baumer - $239M

The Panda - $215M

Apes:

Baumer - $236M

The Panda - $220M

GOTG:

The Panda - $170M

baumer: 140

So we are not too far apart in our predictions.

Yeah, I wasn't saying anything about your predictions for those. I was just making a general comment that I found it amusing how the comic book movies turned out.
  • Like 1

I did not overestimate Turtles at all this week. Sorry dude, not sure what you are talking about. The only predictions I made this week, actually came pretty close. I said Turtles would go up by 10-12% on Tuesday and fall 27-30% on Weds. And you can go back to the Monday thread for proof. Where are your predictions for Turtles this week?

You underestimated Guardians then, I just made general comments throughout the week how it was looking possible for Guardians to overtake Turtles. I remember distinctly you saying there wasn't a chance for that to happen.

Yeah, I wasn't saying anything about your predictions for those. I was just making a general comment that I found it amusing how the comic book movies turned out.

Oh, ok, yes, good point.

You underestimated Guardians then, I just made general comments throughout the week how it was looking possible for Guardians to overtake Turtles. I remember distinctly you saying there wasn't a chance for that to happen.

And there isn't.  It hasn't happened yet and it won't happen this weekend.  Even if Turtles were to fall 60%, GOTG is not going to make more than it this weekend.  So where am I wrong?

And there isn't. It hasn't happened yet and it won't happen this weekend. Even if Turtles were to fall 60%, GOTG is not going to make more than it this weekend. So where am I wrong?

How? All GOTG is a bigger Friday increase (which is likely given how dailies have gone) and it wins. It's also still summer, Turtles plays more towards families thus it should have a smaller Friday increases than if it weren't summer.

How? All GOTG is a bigger Friday increase (which is likely given how dailies have gone) and it wins. It's also still summer, Turtles plays more towards families thus it should have a smaller Friday increases than if it weren't summer.

What do you mean how?  They both play more towards families and Turtles is not getting the bad WOM so many of you say it is.  For it to drop north of 60% makes no sense.  My prediction is it will drop 55-58%.  GOTG will drop about 40-43%.  Easy win for Turtles.

Baumer - I will be very surprised if TMNT does 80% - this is the very argument that you were vehemently against last weekend with Guardians. You can't expect the only best case to be the one that it follows when there is no precedent for it. I am using your argument here bro. And you know me - we agree more often than not and have for years, I just think you are allowing your dislike of Guardians to color everything you are talking about TMNT wise. *caviat - TMNT will still win the weekend.

• Like 1