kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Baumer acting like a poor,innocent victim?That is sooo BOM circa 2010.

He never understood that just because something is your opinion it's not necessarily valid.You can have the opinion that all black people are animals,all white people are inbreed rednecks or that the moon is actually made of cheese...you have the right to think anything,you don't have the right to complain when your poorly thought out arguments get exposed.

What a ridiculous comparison.

• Like 1

OK, but still, GOTG is going to beat it by a large margin overall, at least domestically. I mean, on Friday it was 7.7 to 7, just a 10% advantage for TMNT with GOTG more than $120 million ahead? That gap is way-insurmountable unless TMNT develops some Frozen/Titanic size legs.

See,this is one of my big problems.  Those of you who ridicule me for whatever you do, select snippets of what I say and then forget about the whole story.  Yes, GOTG is an uber success.  It's probably the biggest surprise of the year.  Box office wise it is doing fantastic.  I've never said otherwise.

This whole thing started because a portion of the members here were saying that GOTG would win last weekend, and then it would win Monday and then Tues and then Weds, and then it would win Friday and this weekend.  This has more to do with giving Turtles its due than it does giving shit to GOTG.  

I'm not a martyr and I'm not a troll.  But I will respond and defend my opinions and use logic to illustrate points.  This is bothersome to some people.  And if you don't like being called out when you make a bad prediction, then don't make one in the first place.

• Like 11

TMNT and GotG are both holding well but the way Friday numbers are coming in I don't think it's unreasonable to think GotG can finish above TMNT. I think it will depend on mantinees and IMAX.

No, it will finish 700K behind Turtles.  

Lol Baumer are you becoming a film snob Baumer.

GOTG was a very entertaining summer blockbuster which did not take it self seriously and it was exactly that. 

It's his opinion, man. Not liking GOTG means you're a snob? Give me a break. This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by miketheavenger
  • Like 2

I am not actually calling him a snob lolSeems like a Baumer kind of movie :)

Known him for a while and I think compared to the past his tastes have changed I think. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm done.  I have even reached out to kitik by pm and tried to iron it out privately.  Calling him a liar was wrong but the reason I said what I said about his take on Expendables is that his opinion is that E3 did nothing to try to improve on the second and there was nothing interesting about it and that the trailers were horrible.

My take is that it did plenty to be better than the second...it hired a new cast, it got legends like Ford and Snipes and Gibson and then it added more young people.  It had a terrific trailer and it went pg-13 to bring in a broader audience.  It's easy now to shit on it, after the leak and after it opened horribly.  But it didn't just sit back and expect to do better, they made an effort to make it better.  It is not better, imo, and the leak combined with the wom killed it.

Calling him a liar was wrong and I'm sorry for doing that.  I should have just said I disagree with your opinion.

• Like 11

That is much  better baumer. After all apart from being a mod you are most likely double the age of kids posting in this forum. So you need to yield rather than take fight for trivial reasons.

I am also surprised by you not liking Guardians. I knew you were biased against it form first but as lordmandeep said its kind of movie you normally enjoy. 

I wish I did like it.  I was talking to tele about this by text the day I saw ITS....I don't like being the only one who doesn't like something. I don't hate Marvel either.  Avengers is one of my favourite movies.  But GOTG felt more like Thor to me than the movie everyone else sees.  My loss.....sincerely mean that.  

• Like 4

I've spoken to three different sets of parents who took their kids to see Turtles. They said they liked it fine enough but their kids loved it. I know this is hard for some to grasp.

Not to me its not the turtles movie I wanted and ill probably nevee r get that movie but I can see why kids enjoy it.